Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping tires lately…the time is soon coming to replace the shit stock tires. I have a couple questions about tires I don’t understand. Some of the tires companies have tires made for specific bikes…like there is a tire for the CBR1000 and then a tire for the GSXR. They are the same size, same tire, yet have different part numbers…and then there is a universal of the same size also with a different part number. I don’t get this? :dontknow:

Next, I have narrowed it down to a few choices. I do mainly aggressive street riding, so I want something that sticks well and gets decent milage. Rate the following on a scale of 1-10 and help me decide which to get.

1. BATTLAX BT-002
2. Conti Sport Attack
3. PILOT POWER 2CT
4. Dunlop Qualifiers
5. DIABLO CORSA III

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
The tires made specifically for the named bike is an OEM replacement made to the manufacturers spec, ie: Honda, Suzuki, etc. The difference can be anywhere from tread compound, thickness of the bodyply, angle and thickness of the steel belts, to the nylon cord used to wrap the tire to control expansion. Basically I would stay away from the OEM type numbers and buy the generic numbers. Of course, you never know what you will actually get when you get it.

Ratings:
1.PP2ct
2.BT-002 R/S
3. DC III
4. Qualifiers
5. Conti SA

Tread

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
The tires made specifically for the named bike is an OEM replacement made to the manufacturers spec, ie: Honda, Suzuki, etc. The difference can be anywhere from tread compound, thickness of the bodyply, angle and thickness of the steel belts, to the nylon cord used to wrap the tire to control expansion. Basically I would stay away from the OEM type numbers and buy the generic numbers. Of course, you never know what you will actually get when you get it.

Tread
:+1:

My '05 came with D218s. They were.... ok.... They weren't great, they weren't bad. I'd give them a C/C+. I have Qs on now. I love these tires. They seem to suit my riding style. I love the feel and feed back from them. In a few weeks, I'll know how well they work or don't work for me on the track. :crackup:

Since you don't like the stock Qs. Here is my list for you:

1 BT002
2 PP
3 Diablo III
4 Metzler M3

The top 3 are all interchangeable IMO. Get what you like, not what I or anyone else likes. If you had PP or BT002 on a different bike and liked them, you'll like them on the 10.

Chris

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:+1:

My '05 came with D218s. They were.... ok.... They weren't great, they weren't bad. I'd give them a C/C+. I have Qs on now. I love these tires. They seem to suit my riding style. I love the feel and feed back from them. In a few weeks, I'll know how well they work or don't work for me on the track. :crackup:

Since you don't like the stock Qs. Here is my list for you:

1 BT002
2 PP
3 Diablo III
4 Metzler M3

The top 3 are all interchangeable IMO. Get what you like, not what I or anyone else likes. If you had PP or BT002 on a different bike and liked them, you'll like them on the 10.

Chris
i dont know what i like thats why i was asking...first bike and first set of stock tires. just know they are a little slick and the bike about came out from under me a couple times. looking for some opinions of people who have been there and done that.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Couldnt tell you as I havent ridden with all 5, what I can tell you is that I am on my 4th or 5th set of Qualifiers , 2500 miles on a rear in Florida, but since moving to Pa , I have 3600 on a rear and it is due, the grip level didnt change much from start to finish.

9 out of 10 for the street so long as the street has corners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts