Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i first brought my bike it had the oem bridgestone battle ax tires ppl give them a hard time but i had no problems with them i dont do track riding just street riding to work and some nice twisties n highways on the weekends with friends....i currently have michelin pilot powers n love em i have 4,500+ miles on them can maybe go another 1k wit these n i hear thier discontinued.....now for my type of riding which tire would u advise?? I hear good things about the pirellis but im only on the street so.....IDK lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
581 Posts
Bridgestone BT016s are cheap and very good. They will last a long time on the street but offer good cornering traction for aggressive street riding. The aftermarket BT016 (BT016 Pro) is different than the OEM BT016. Better in my opinion. I've even used a set of them in a rain race where it was just sprinkling. Their wet traction is AMAZING compared to the Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,371 Posts
Man, you're on a roll Peedie! First an oil thread, and now another tire thread to kick-off the new year! And it's only the 2nd day of the year!!! :eyecrazy:

Tires are a matter of opinion, and you'll get a TON of them. You didn't give enough info in your post to get any meaningful suggestions back. Do you want grip or mileage? Frankly, if you're getting 5,000+ out of a set of Powers, I don't think the grippiest tire is what you're after, so just find something that fits your budget. You won't find a lot of differences in the major brands at that level other than cost.

You can read threads for DAYS on here about tires....

·
The Pace
7,013 Posts
Wait, I use the reg power on front and the 2ct power on rear. This is the first I heard that mich is gonna stop making these. These are well known best tires! Can't be true that they are no more!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,371 Posts
:+1::+2::+1::+2: That everything Naked just posted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol yea sky dork im make all types of threads tryna get myself together for this summer....they repaved alot of F***** up streets n hwys here in baltimore we ready to tear em up lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
546 Posts
I run the mich 2ct front and back and love them.. Deff get low and they wear great.. Got over 3k on my set now and still look great..... And I deff push them hard...

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
If you call around you should be able to find your tires. They are out there just waiting on the right guy.

·
Registered
828 Posts
...i dont do track riding just street riding to work and some nice twisties n highways on the weekends with friends...
I use Q2's at the track and BT016 on the street because I've found the Bridgestones warm up slightly faster and have better wet grip (I ride year round, rain, cold, etc.). The Q2's are an amazing track tire for the price but I have had traction issues in wet and/or cold weather. I've also run the BT016s at the track and they are no slouch either at my intermediate level pace. For moderately aggressive street riding on dry roads you'll probably be fine on any of the available high performance street tires. http://www.sportrider.com/gear/146_1212_2012_street_tire_test/

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
dunlop q2's. they're cheap and have amazing grip and can even fly around the track if you so choose to do track days on them. its the only tire i buy for my street bikes anymore.
Same here! Switched from the Michelin Pilot 2CT`s to the Q2`s and I will never go back. The Q2`s are fantastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts