Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a nail in my rear tire (power pilot) last month so i went to the place where i get the hookup on $$$ and all he had was a shinko 005 left. Of course i put it on and started to ride. I am now finding that this tire grips and holds like the pilot. I am starting to really like it. It gets temp super fast and just a great tire. What is yall opinion on shinko ??? Also i read a review in motorcyclist (friends mag) about a new 2006 tire from avon called a Viper Supersport, AV60 is the rear tire. Review said it will be a superb street tire with compound options for the track. Next set of tire is get will be one of the 3. Just want some ideas and opinions.. Thanks

avon
http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-tires/avon-viper-tires.htm

^^not the review just tire general info

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know but i am no where near a 1/4 miler thats just what he had but i a finding they hold well in the turns. I am draggin knee and accelerating hard out the turns and they dont have any slip that i have found. I never was a shinko fan, never

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
If you like the feel why change? Also that issue said the qualifies were the best but you didnt post them?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just got a flat in my friggin rear (brand new!) Pilot Power last week. During finals week no less. I love the Powers and seeing as I just put them on, I obviously put another on the rear. If I could, though, I would try the Dunlop Qualifiers out for one particular reason:

The rear comes in a 190/55-17. This would certainly help the rear ride height problem a little (without pulling the shock or pulling the forks through the triple), while offering a good tire to boot. They sound about on par with the Pilot Powers, though they may wear quicker. Normally, though, I can't stand Dunlop street tires.

Also, I NEVER mismatch tires. Just my (and every tire manufacturer's) opinion.

·
Registered
91 Posts
pinkslip said:
I just got a flat in my friggin rear (brand new!) Pilot Power last week. During finals week no less. I love the Powers and seeing as I just put them on, I obviously put another on the rear. If I could, though, I would try the Dunlop Qualifiers out for one particular reason:

The rear comes in a 190/55-17. This would certainly help the rear ride height problem a little (without pulling the shock or pulling the forks through the triple), while offering a good tire to boot. They sound about on par with the Pilot Powers, though they may wear quicker. Normally, though, I can't stand Dunlop street tires.

Also, I NEVER mismatch tires. Just my (and every tire manufacturer's) opinion.
Where did you get the 190/55 from? On the dunlop site it says that it will be a 190/50 for the qualifiers

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are the 06 zx10's gonna have qualifiers? I didn't know that. I know that the bikes are gonna have the 190/55s but the dunlop site says that the qualifiers will be 190/50s, that is the 06 tires, that's when they come out.

·
Registered
293 Posts
along said:
Are the 06 zx10's gonna have qualifiers? I didn't know that. I know that the bikes are gonna have the 190/55s but the dunlop site says that the qualifiers will be 190/50s, that is the 06 tires, that's when they come out.
I was just at the IMS in San Jose. The '06 10R's were running OEM 190/55-17 Dunlop Qualifiers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts