Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you turn the sensor over should you hear what sounds like a ball moving around inside the sensor? is this normal, i did a search and didnt find anything quite like this. also is there a way to bypass the the on off switch? i am currently trying to start my motor in my race car but dont have a factory on/off switch i want to run a switch on my dash.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it is the tip sensor and it has an arrow pointing up but when turned over it sounds like a ball is floating inside the sensor

·
Registered
399 Posts
if the sensor is bad would this cause the fuel pump to have power but nothing on the coil packs?
I'm looking at the 2008 ZX10R Service manual.
The "tip over sensor" is called the "Vehicle Down Sensor" and interestingly the information on it, is contained in the fuel system (DFI) section of the manual.

Under the self diagnosis page - You do know our bikes can output their codes via the instrument gauge, right? - (3-42) - If you get a service code of 31, that signifies that the vehicle down switch is not working. It should have an output voltage of .2 - 4.8v and "If the vehicle-down sensor system has a failure, (the output voltage is out of the usable range, wiring short or open) the ECU shuts off the fuel pump relay, the fuel injectors (primary and secondary) and the ignition system,

So yes. If your sensor is messed up things won't start.

What codes are you getting?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts