Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive been riding for the past week..the whole week. anyone know why my left hand would be feeling numb? its tingly...all damn day. for the past two days....

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Fixer said:
ok so ive been riding for the past week..the whole week. anyone know why my left hand would be feeling numb? its tingly...all damn day. for the past two days....

1) Whole hand, or
2) pinkie and half of ring finger, or
3) thumb, index and middle fingers?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pretty much the whole hand..but just the bottom.. I dont feel it so muhc on the top..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh..my right hand cramps up sometimes..but I think its cause my glove it bunching up....

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Sounds like you are leaning on your bars too much and cutting off circulation.

Happens to me sometimes in traffic when wind isn't helping to support body (untucked.)
Use your legs and back muscles more or try helibars to change the bar angle if that doesn't help.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and this would last even when I'm NOT riding? I woke up yesterday like this....doesnt seem to get worse while riding...just has been persistant.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
go to a doctor.....maybe a pinched nerve in your neck or something of the sort..... maybe try a chiropractor/accupuncture

·
Registered
314 Posts
Fixer said:
and this would last even when I'm NOT riding? I woke up yesterday like this....doesnt seem to get worse while riding...just has been persistant.
try paying for sex - otherewise you are likely to go blind :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
That's wierd..........most ridre's i know have there right hand go numb.

Maybe your fixing to have a heart attack or to much "punanny" :jerkit: :dontknow: :wink:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hear attack @ 27..I hope not. Dont drink, dont smoke. Dont use my left hand for the 5 knuckle shuffle...

my right hand cramps up, I switched gloves and that seemed to help on the ride in this morning.

I'm really suprised @ the lack of masterbation jokes..but oh well.

one guy @ work also suggested I might be leaning on my hand wrong. its just weird..more of the edges of my index finger and part of my thumb..not that I sit here and feel it.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Fixer said:
hear attack @ 27..I hope not. Dont drink, dont smoke. Dont use my left hand for the 5 knuckle shuffle...

my right hand cramps up, I switched gloves and that seemed to help on the ride in this morning.

I'm really suprised @ the lack of masterbation jokes..but oh well.

one guy @ work also suggested I might be leaning on my hand wrong. its just weird..more of the edges of my index finger and part of my thumb..not that I sit here and feel it.
Dude a heart attack can hit any one, at any age, at any time.

The heart attack thing was a good teaser though so was the punanny :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh Iv laughed... like I said, I'm suprised there werent more jokes like that.

its just sort of annoying. I"m a tech and having part of my hand tingle...sucks.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Wait now Im confused It tingles and it sucks!?!?! Holly shit your a lucky man!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Typical pinched nerves, and yes it doesn't stop when you stop riding, but goes on and on. Could be nerves in back, but, that usually includes the whole arm, feeling tingle/numb/not quite alive. Most likely wrist, and palm area nerves. Solution is quit riding like you were in a crouch for the race track, and re-do the ergonomics for the street where you are riding. There are tiny band aid things like pay attention to relaxing the hands, and moving them, when it's super safe to do so. (it could be amazing how much of a death grip is going on), but the real deal, is get real with the ergonomics, and a near nothing change like heli bars or other risers of the same ilk isn't the deal. That's just a step in the right direction, it's not the destination. Good news is Kawasaki has the goodies. It's the top triple clamp and handle bars from the Z1000. You'll also need a longer front brake hose (but who wouldn't want a SS line anyway). RoK ON :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts