Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After being a member of the forum for a while now I thought I better try and start a post. I don't realy like computers but I've been trying to sort out an issue with my ZX10R.

I have a 2004 ZX10R, I've had it for three years now and its been a great bike. I had an Ivans Rockland County timing retarder fitted to my bike,when I had it fitted the bike was popping and spluttering on deceleration? Anyway, I had it taken back off but the bike is still popping and spluttering and I dont know why?

Does anyone out there in kawasaki land have the fitting instructions for one of these retarders for a 2004 ZX10R? So I can try and establish if it was fitted wrongly in the first place and try and put it right?

Thanks.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Hi All,

After being a member of the forum for a while now I thought I better try and start a post. I don't realy like computers but I've been trying to sort out an issue with my ZX10R.

I have a 2004 ZX10R, I've had it for three years now and its been a great bike. I had an Ivans Rockland County timing retarder fitted to my bike,when I had it fitted the bike was popping and spluttering on deceleration? Anyway, I had it taken back off but the bike is still popping and spluttering and I dont know why?

Does anyone out there in kawasaki land have the fitting instructions for one of these retarders for a 2004 ZX10R? So I can try and establish if it was fitted wrongly in the first place and try and put it right?

Thanks.
Sounds to me like your probably changed your exhaust at the same time. Have it tuned, popping will go away.

·
Registered
700 Posts
have you blocked off the pair valve if not do a search and you will find out how.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I entered the flying quarter mile sprints here in NZ, I was told that the speedo limiter could be removed with the addition of a timing retarder? Anyway I wanted to keep my bike as near as stock as possible just remove the speedo limiter and try to exceed the 299KMH? I was trying to show my mate with a Fireblade that he made the wrong choice of machine! The exhaust and everything else was stock, the only change I made was to run a 55 profile rear tyre instead of the standard 50?

To cut a long story short I managed a 288KMH across the timed distance but that was on a bike that was not running too well in a cross wind?! I got a faster time than the blade (thank God) and later found out that I had done this with a split vacumm hose?

·
Registered
227 Posts
You mean it's got a tre (timing retard eliminator) i think. The 10 isn't limited anyway so it won't make any difference. The speedo stops at 299 regardless of how fast you are going.
179mph isn't too bad for a stocker. What rpm were you running?

·
Registered
700 Posts
yea there is no speed liminter on the zx10. also he was Talking about the TRE witch on some other bikes does get rid of the liminter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts