Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had 23 bikes and this zx10 tends to have the most timing chain rattle upon decel than most of the other bikes ive owned. it may be normal. i can hear the chain tighten and take up slack as i accel but if i let off the throttle i hear the normal timing chain "rattle" noises but they are def a bit louder on this bike than all mt others. i pulled the auto tensioner and there was no visible damage and the teeth/spring are still good condition. i replaced it with another auto tensioner just to see if it made a diff but it sounds the same. so maybe its just normal but i havent listened closely to any other zx10s to verify. i dont wanna go the manual tensioner route because i ride to work daily and adjusting that all the time would be a pain.the chain and guides seem to be good condition still also from what i can see through the ignition cover

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bro, I have my G1 for nearly 9 years now, I have no weird sound from the timing chain and never had one either...
I had other generations of the zx10r and other bikes, I cant say that the g1 is making more noise then other bikes I own.
if you decide to go with the manual tensioner then don't sweat yourself too much it's not that often that you'll need to adjust it, just make sure you lock it properly and every so often just check that the lock nut is still tight.
And check again the cam chain!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not really a weird noise its a normal noise of the chain going slack when letting off the throttle. its just a bit louder than most of the bikes ive had

1 - 3 of 3 Posts