Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally got my bike back from getting the kawi intake cam, thin headgasket, and port and polished head. i also degrred the cam 104/105 and put new plugs in. i had a 16 front and 42 rear setup..... my first couple passes were terrible. i couldnt get better than a 9.90.... my last ten i was runnin 9.40s-9.50s. then i changed to the 15 front. the track was cold and wasnt prepped. i kept spinning. i made 3 complete passes. i ran a 9.7, 9.5, and then a 9.3. plus i couldnt get better than a 1.59 60 ft on my bike, i rode my old bike and cut a 1.43.... after the 9.30 pass, i had to give my friend his front sprocket back.... the bike isnt tuned and it was the first time ever at the track on that bike, plus i havent rode a bike since last sept.. sooo,,, i am going to order a 15 front this week,, tune the bike on u4 and try it again... im looking for an 8.90 pass..

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
mikebar4 said:
well i finally got my bike back from getting the kawi intake cam, thin headgasket, and port and polished head. i also degrred the cam 104/105 and put new plugs in. i had a 16 front and 42 rear setup..... my first couple passes were terrible. i couldnt get better than a 9.90.... my last ten i was runnin 9.40s-9.50s. then i changed to the 15 front. the track was cold and wasnt prepped. i kept spinning. i made 3 complete passes. i ran a 9.7, 9.5, and then a 9.3. plus i couldnt get better than a 1.59 60 ft on my bike, i rode my old bike and cut a 1.43.... after the 9.30 pass, i had to give my friend his front sprocket back.... the bike isnt tuned and it was the first time ever at the track on that bike, plus i havent rode a bike since last sept.. sooo,,, i am going to order a 15 front this week,, tune the bike on u4 and try it again... im looking for an 8.90 pass..
Nice times, can you give more info like what wheelbase your running?:idea:

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its 61",,,,
i have a full m4 exhaust, power commander with no map, stock air filter, and lowered. i have a front strap but i didnt use it cause i was spinning so bad, i figured i would try to put more weight on the rear. i think with a new shinko, and strap it down,,, i might get some low 1.5s high 1.4s....

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not real sure,, somwhere between,6500 and 8k.....sometimes i hit my rev limiter cause when the lights go green, i go wot,,,,.... oh i am 200lbs unsuited...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
mikebar4 said:
not real sure,, somwhere between,6500 and 8k.....sometimes i hit my rev limiter cause when the lights go green, i go wot,,,,.... oh i am 200lbs unsuited...
The 10's I've rode at that wheelbase always seem to leave good between 8000-8500. Not bad ET's for your weight :thumbsup: Keep us posted on your progress. :helmet:

·
Registered
99 Posts
be nice when weather warms up and tracks are better prepped. plus you have to knock off all rust from not going down strip in while. first time out for season is usually not that great for me most of time.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
mikebar4 said:
Do you have before and after hp figures, I would be curious to know what that cam, compression and porting is worth.

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i sure dont,, im planning on trying to get it tuned within the next 2 weeks....when i do, i will post results

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah im gonna get it tuned on u4. i heard just the gas is around 7hp.... im just hoping for some 8s....of course i do have a dry kit just iching to be put on

·
Registered
99 Posts
U4 is usually good for like 4-6..but im sure they could be more to be had with it tuned on the stuff. i just hate to clean it out of fuel tank. buddy had left some in zx12 tank..and it was nasty rusted. killed fuel pump... only bad thing about it. but it does make power. good luck with it... post up how fuel does.

·
Registered
374 Posts
mikebar4 said:
yeah im gonna get it tuned on u4. i heard just the gas is around 7hp.... im just hoping for some 8s....of course i do have a dry kit just iching to be put on
do not run Nitrous with U-4 race fuel!U 4 is oxygenated and you will burn your engine down!

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have heard people mixing U4 and C-16 for nitrous. or running mrx01. U4 is low octane oxygenated fuel so its not advisable to spray on it from what i have heard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts