403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here are my times for today:

Reaction: .5978
60ft: 1.7
330ft: 4.5
1/8: 6.7 @ 113
1/4: 10.2 @ 142

Still no 9's............:headshake There is always next weekend!!!!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
You'll get there bro, keep up the good work!! Just give it time and practice, practice,practice. Im hoping for 10.5's stock.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You've GOT to work on that 330' time... That's what is really killing your ET. Keep at it, you'll only getting better. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DethsZX10 said:
60 foot at 1.7(0) ?? for a short bike..thats pretty good. Your close man.
That is what the guys with swingarms were saying. I need a 1.6 to hit some good numbers. I've been slipping the clutch like a bitch trying to get some decent 60ft times. If I come up now I just transfer my weight to the front and ride it out. I'm hoping to hit 9's sometime this summer, then I want to extend her out. The Shinkos are working great. I gotta get that damn Speedo Healer installed sometime this week. They sent me the wrong plug. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me.

David

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GeorgeC said:
You've GOT to work on that 330' time... That's what is really killing your ET. Keep at it, you'll only getting better. :thumbsup:
What do I have to do to improve my 330ft times?? I feel by the time i'm at 330ft i'm WOT in 2nd, about to shift to 3rd!!! Please advise me. Thanks,

Bragg

·
Registered
804 Posts
Bragg, are you powershifting? Try shifting and keeping the throttle pinned the whole way and barely using the clutch. I gained 3 tenths on my 600 by not letting off the gas at all and slamming the clutch. Are you clutchless shifting?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only use the clutch for launching, after that it is all powershifting. The gas is pegged, then I blip the throttle when powershifting. I think I know what my problem is. I've seen on a couple of runs that I think i'm at WOT and i'm not, there is still room to go on the throttle and i'm not using it. I might have to get that 1/5 throttle conversion kit, that may help me out.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just for one run try your shifting like this and see how your et looks. Launch, after you launch and you are getting near redline when you shift don't let off the gas at ALL. Clutch in as fast as possible, when you pop the clutch out it is gonna jerk hard. I promise you will gain on your et like this. I was shifting just like you with my old 600 and when I went to powershifting(not leeting off the gas at all) I gained 3 tenths. Try it on the street first just to see how it feels if you want but try this at least once at the track and im sure you will gain a little. As far as you not giving it wot I know what you mean. When I made my 10.7 passes I felt like after I slipped it in first I wasn't at wot. You will get there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
bragg10r said:
I only use the clutch for launching, after that it is all powershifting. The gas is pegged, then I blip the throttle when powershifting. I think I know what my problem is. I've seen on a couple of runs that I think i'm at WOT and i'm not, there is still room to go on the throttle and i'm not using it. I might have to get that 1/5 throttle conversion kit, that may help me out.
As far as ensuring you're WOT, cock you right arm up in the air, and line your knuckles up with the brake lever (or thereabouts)... Makes it really easy.

As far as bettering the 330' times, try to be WOT with the clutch all the way out by the 60' timers... It will just take practice.

·
Registered
585 Posts
TX06'10r said:
Just for one run try your shifting like this and see how your et looks. Launch, after you launch and you are getting near redline when you shift don't let off the gas at ALL. Clutch in as fast as possible, when you pop the clutch out it is gonna jerk hard. I promise you will gain on your et like this. I was shifting just like you with my old 600 and when I went to powershifting(not leeting off the gas at all) I gained 3 tenths. Try it on the street first just to see how it feels if you want but try this at least once at the track and im sure you will gain a little. As far as you not giving it wot I know what you mean. When I made my 10.7 passes I felt like after I slipped it in first I wasn't at wot. You will get there.
Are you saying use the clutch when shifting? I guess Im not following along.

Bragg, you can 60' a short bike easily, you just have to practice your clutch hand and the easiest way to gain the confidence is to luanch at low RPM's, try 4000 light goes green go as close to WOT as possible without flipping yourself, if your dumping your clutch your not doing it right.......my best 60' to date on a stock length arm is a 1.57 (average 1.58-1.59)......Take your time learning, just remember you have to crawl before you walk. Keep doing like your doing on the power shifting, that's the way I and everyone else I know does it, clutch on launch.........and then power shift, blipping the throttle like your doing.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yes im using the clutch, a buddy of mine was running 9.90's on his 04 10r and he is the one who got me shifting like that. He went from 9.98 to a 9.81. Same 60ft with no changes just in the shifting. Since my 10r is stock height I haven't gotten the balls to do it yet but I know on my 600 it made a hell of a difference. Imagin in a manual trans car. Instead of letting of the gas when you shift, keep the peadl to the floor when you shift, you will hit the limiter for a tad but it will pull like it never has before.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GARSZX10R said:
Are you saying use the clutch when shifting? I guess Im not following along.

Bragg, you can 60' a short bike easily, you just have to practice your clutch hand and the easiest way to gain the confidence is to luanch at low RPM's, try 4000 light goes green go as close to WOT as possible without flipping yourself, if your dumping your clutch your not doing it right.......my best 60' to date on a stock length arm is a 1.57 (average 1.58-1.59)......Take your time learning, just remember you have to crawl before you walk. Keep doing like your doing on the power shifting, that's the way I and everyone else I know does it, clutch on launch.........and then power shift, blipping the throttle like your doing.
Thanks GARSZX10R, I've been really practicing every weekend. I go to Test and Tune here in Fayetteville, NC. I think I finally have the clutch slipping down, and My 60ft will start to improve. I know that 9's are possible on a stock wheelbase 10 but it is not an easy task for an average rider like me. I will keep trying until I get it though. Thanks for all the input.

Bragg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts