Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I really doubt your clutch is slippin man. 28mph on the back half is right at what mine did.
Back half doesn't tell much but I remember when first started Drag Racing I hit 32 mph on the back half and the Great Kenny Poppell said if I get my 60 down I would be awesome...he was right never got my bike right like those that live at the drag strip but for little to no good modifications for my weight he was right!!! :thumbsup: :rip: Kenny

bloo

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
With Gazx10 on this one over the years yes it's possible to get great times on dragpak I done it myself but still feel OEM is still the BEST ...can't argue with ZXRACER though he has some of the best times ever recorded on a first Gen 10R but he is also the cheapest dude too so wonder how many pacs he goes through at the same time..
Yup listen to those two for great experience and value as they will give it to you straight with no bogus stuff attached.:badteeth:

BD

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
With Gazx10 on this one over the years yes it's possible to get great times on dragpak I done it myself but still feel OEM is still the BEST ...can't argue with ZXRACER though he has some of the best times ever recorded on a first Gen 10R but he is also the cheapest dude too so wonder how many pacs he goes through at the same time... :lol: .....j/m racer :wink: :eek:ccasion1

bloo
Thankyou bloo! It wasnt easy took alot of seatime but doable even if your my size lol... I remember when i first started racing my gen1 with oem clutch it didnt feel right and didnt leave smooth as i wanted once i went with the dragpak heavier springs noticed it was smoother mph went up and didnt go threw clutches as much.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
thinking about it i added dragpac and dropped another tooth up front since oem plates. launching 15/43 bike naturally more difficult than 16/43. :idea: maybe not the clutch, be 67 in a couple of mos, mopeds are getting hard for me to launch. :surprise:

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Back half doesn't tell much but I remember when first started Drag Racing I hit 32 mph on the back half and the Great Kenny Poppell said if I get my 60 down I would be awesome...he was right never got my bike right like those that live at the drag strip but for little to no good modifications for my weight he was right!!! :thumbsup: :rip: Kenny

bloo

Back half definitely tells of your clutch is slipping. If a clutch is slipping you will tell on the back half.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thankyou bloo! It wasnt easy took alot of seatime but doable even if your my size lol... I remember when i first started racing my gen1 with oem clutch it didnt feel right and didnt leave smooth as i wanted once i went with the dragpak heavier springs noticed it was smoother mph went up and didnt go threw clutches as much.
I think that is what is the most impressive about your times is your Size and weight you added to an already very very light bike :thumbsup: and not to be cocky but it's also the reason I like my times for my weight and little to no mods when I ran the Gen 1 at the dragstrip, I wasn't helping the scales either on a positive side. :badteeth:

bloo

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I think that is what is the most impressive about your times is your Size and weight you added to an already very very light bike :thumbsup: and not to be cocky but it's also the reason I like my times for my weight and little to no mods when I ran the Gen 1 at the dragstrip, I wasn't helping the scales either on a positive side. :badteeth:

bloo
I just use my weight to advantage keepin front end down;) but man wish i was flyweight like rest i see at the track. Your times is impressive bloo i remember when i first join forum i was lookin at your times and told myself that guy can ride:thumbup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I just use my weight to advantage keepin front end down;) but man wish i was flyweight like rest i see at the track. Your times is impressive bloo i remember when i first join forum i was lookin at your times and told myself that guy can ride:thumbup:
Thanks Racer means a lot coming from you and whish I was a Flyweight as well, as those flyweights don't know how hard it is to get a 220lb suited man up to 121mph in a 1/8th mile with less than 157hp with no suspension upgrades. :wink: :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Thanks Racer means a lot coming from you and whish I was a Flyweight as well, as those flyweights don't know how hard it is to get a 220lb suited man up to 121mph in a 1/8th mile with less than 157hp with no suspension upgrades. :wink: :thumbsup:

bloo
Welcome man. Takes some ridin skills and seat time to acheive that but hey we showed em it can be done;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Went to the track this weekend. Ran a new personal best: [email protected], 156(ish) 60'. One thing that is little concerning is that as the weekend went on my top end speed had dropped from 145, to 142 mph. Granted, the coolest day I raced was 82 and the hottest was 102 (ambient temp).

I'm not sure where to go from here to get my speed up higher than 145?
Gearing is currently at -1/+5. I'm launching at 4000rpm with the launch master, which, with my clutch signal it takes very little movement to disengage the launch master and defaults to high limiter.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts