Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so my good old Alpinestars GP Plus from 2014 are getting holes at the tip of the fingers (weird). Since I ride half of the year in the cold and rain, I need a new pair.

I was looking at the deals on the A* SP-2, but it looks like those are way cheaper (material-wise) than my actual gloves. What would you guys suggest for equivalent OR added protection and a decent price ?

Perhaps the GP Plus R are now what the GP Plus was back in the days ?
Edit: The GP Plus R are 270 CAD (tax not included). Ouch.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Astars, dainese, held, taichi, Knox Handroids, are all gonna be great gloves. Don’t buy the most expensive but don’t buy the cheapest either. In any event, get em from Mike at riders discount. Won’t find a better price!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got a deal at a local store for D1 Dainese gloves at $235 US. Seems like pretty solid deal... but I only know about Alpinestars gloves. Any opinion on these ?

·
Registered
569 Posts
The D1 full metal are awesome gloves and have substantial protection. And that is a pretty good deal. I say go for it if they fit and you like the way they look.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just ordered the GP Pro R2 on RidersDiscount.
I must say a big thanks to Mike. I'm glad I'll have new gloves for the upcoming season !

·
Registered
55 Posts
Alright, so my good old Alpinestars GP Plus from 2014 are getting holes at the tip of the fingers (weird). Since I ride half of the year in the cold and rain, I need a new pair.

I was looking at the deals on the A* SP-2, but it looks like those are way cheaper (material-wise) than my actual gloves. What would you guys suggest for equivalent OR added protection and a decent price ?
Alpinestars sp2 are on sale for $100 at cycle gear. there good cheap gloves for street use

Perhaps the GP Plus R are now what the GP Plus was back in the days ?
Edit: The GP Plus R are 270 CAD (tax not included). Ouch.
The Aplinestars SP2 are on sale for $100 bucks at cycle gear, there good cheap gloves for street use, I even use mine for the track.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Knox Handroid for the win. They are like a second skin. I have have skinny fingers and on the longer side side. A stars are always too short. I get xxl and fingers are good, but palm is bunched up. Xl is palm on, fingers numb after 30 minutes.... Im not Italian. Ha ha

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Try a pair of Held Titans or phantoms on!ok lots of $ but lots of comfort!A* and Dainese have great gloves also!Knox the list is endless!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You guys jumped on an old thread, but I guess it's my fault for not updating it ;)

I got a pair of Alpinestar GP Pro R2 from RidersDiscount, thanks to Mike.
I have yet to try them on (ice is slowly melting away, with the help of my ice pick and shovel).

I should be able to ride with them for the first time on March 16th, when the snow tires are not required by the law anymore... if it stopped snowing by that time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You mean to tell me you don't have https://anlas.com/product/sheet/Enduro/WINTER GRIP PLUS/ for the motorcycle? :p

^^ Its winter rated motorcycle tires, they are making a 190\55 soon
I wish I had a second bike for that ! I don't want all the Calcium Chloride to hurt the bike... and also, these tires are useless when there's 5 inches of ice. I'm not even sure there's motorcycle engine oil for -30F weather :grin2:

I'll probably try to get a pair when the 190\55 are out !

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess it all boils down to preference when it comes to riding gear and price of course but you get what you pay for!
Most of the time you do, sometimes you go cheap and still pay to much for what it's worth (and should've went for a real brand with real quality instead).

Some guys around town are bragging that they bought their leather suit from a random Pakistani dude that stitches them himself and sells them for $450.

First thing I asked is how these suits held up in a crash, and they couldn't asnwer.
I cringed pretty hard. I'd rather pay $550+ for an entry level suit from a known brand than save a hundred buck to see the suit auto-destroy itself on the first lowside.

That's also why I went with higher quality gloves in the end.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts