Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres the deal. I need a new truck, and im eyeing the 07 Dodge 2500hd SLT quad cab 4x4...$28k, 345 hp....Or the 07 Silverado 2500 1LT 4x4...$30k, 300hp. Im quite torn between the two. I need your Opinion, which of the two would You get and why?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Get the TD with it... you won't regret it. Yet '07 Ford Super Duties and the Chevy HD's are changing. Brand new Powerstrokes, and upgraded Duramax I believe. I even think Cummins is doing a pepped motor for Dodge as well.

But out of the 2 choices you gave, I'd have to go Dodge... I'd only go with the Cummins though.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I would go with the F-250 Diseal. But for your two choices I would go with the chevy. My friend andy has the chevy 2500 crew cab and I love it. A lot of room and really nice truck. The only reason I didn't say the dodge is in the past our family has had a terrible problem with the transmissions. So I personally will never buy another dodge but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be trading in my 06 F-250 w/ 6.0 turbo diesel, been in the shop 2 times, and has a brand spankin new motor. No luck w/ my ford.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
chevy or gmc look at the warranty 100000 mile and i think they offer 0% as well no brainer if you ask me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Your Ford was built on a Monday. :crackup:
That is my explaination for brand new things breaking! :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
:+1: I am a chevy man but also, an honest man-I say pick the one YOU thinks looks the nicest.
BTW-My dad is GM tech He worked for Cadillac for 27 years as a master tech, for the last 3 years he's been with chevy, says he hates them, yet he just bought an 06 avalanche?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big Daddy said:
between the 2 its a no brainer, chevy. :thumbsup:

BD

But why? less power, more $$, painted steel wheels? Ive never owned either dodge or chevy truck. Are the chevy's more reliable?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jstwkd1 said:
Question is what do you use the truck for?

Commuting to and from work the most. Hauling steel to jobsites frequently, towing bike(s), towing the boat, muddin... everything really.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I have both a dodge 2500 d with turbo and a f-250 4x4. the dodge is nice but the fuggin seats are shit! the seats stain with WATER how does a clear fluid leave a brown stain?!?!?!?!?! i had the ford first and still have it i will sell the dodge befor i cut the ford loose. IMO if you are not considering a F-250 you might as well go kick yourself in the balls.....
CHEVY? IF and i say again IF you get a chevy i want to make a prediction. AC goes out at 80000 miles..... watch trust me. ac no worky after 80k.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
ninja2k5 said:
But why? less power, more $$, painted steel wheels? Ive never owned either dodge or chevy truck. Are the chevy's more reliable?
simply a superior engineered/designed truck in all aspects. all have some sort of issues just like bikes it just depends on what it is.

BD

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ford and Chevy both a 10 year/100000 mile warranty on powertrain. both are good trucks. i work at Ford, The 7.3 powerstroke were a dream, tons of power really no problems, but the 6.0 liter sucks, I lost count on how many recalls they had, newest one is an injector harness and headgaskets. Stay away from Dodge, the HO Cummins is a damn good engine but unfortunitly Dodge builds the house it sleeps in. Get a Chevy Duramax with an Allison tranny and a Banks 6 gun, and you will not be mad, and i still preach get the longest $0 deductable GMPP or ESp you can get

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
As far as suspension the ford and dodge are more truck like. Including the interiors. Chevy has a better ride and nicer interior. If your going to be doing any real 4x4 the chevy would be the weakest.
As far as power,what motors are you looking at. All the gas motors make good power at high rpms. and get shitty gas mileage. All the diesel better power and mileage.
As far as one that will fail before the other. All the trucks have had there problems over the years. You get luck of the draw. 80,000 out of an AC unit in outstanding. Should be serviced every year.
Personally I wouldnt own anything but a Chevy!..................
I dont use it for major off roading. But I do tow a 12000 lbs toy hauler all over the place, a 23 ft boat. All the places I go are up in the mountains.I average towing about 12-14 MPG. My gas truck did about 6 MPG.
I have a buddy with an 04 2500 hd 6.0 He gets about 12-14 on the hwy. but when towing around 6. We installed a supercharger to help with the hills....And it fun as hell to pitch a crew can lifted truck sidways.......but didnt really help his mileage any. still about the same.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts