Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will work for all 4 Generations of zx10r clutch baskets. There are known to be the "weakest" link when it comes to dragracing.

I wanted to say "thank you" and DAMN that was fast to Tim Hays.
While I was away for 3 weeks from the house, my wife sent out her 09' zx10r clutch basket on a Saturday. After just a very short turn around (2days) it showed back up the next Saturday (7 days total) arrived just in time for me to install it before we loaded up the bike to go run that evening.

Work looks first rate, Welds are hellvalot better then the ones I had done locally on the first basket.
Rivets looks much thicker!!
And best of all the price was very reasonable.

I'll be sending my 11' model out at the end of the season for the same great service.

Thank you again:eek:ccasion1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much did they charge?
They are charging $125 plus $25 shipping. I'll shoot you a pm also with abit more information.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
755 Posts
It maybe a silly question..But would you you do that?
Because the stock rivets holding the basket to the flywheel are prone to shearing off.. But this would mainly be in repetative hard launch situations like drag racing from what ive gathered from my reading on this forum:wink:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because the stock rivets holding the basket to the flywheel are prone to shearing off.. But this would mainly be in repetative hard launch situations like drag racing from what ive gathered from my reading on this forum:wink:
:+1: what he said. The basket itself holds up very well to the abuse it's the rivets that are the main concern when dragracing repeatedly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I run a Hayes Billet basket with the heavy duty rivets and clutch mod from Tim in my 2010. thumbs up from me!

Reactions: Braaap21

·
Registered
104 Posts
So is this mod better than just welding it up ?
Yes. Welding the stock rivets are only a temp fix and makes the basket weak. I love my billet basket, no worries ever about anything breaking.

·
U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
288 Posts
This will work for all 4 Generations of zx10r clutch baskets. There are known to be the "weakest" link when it comes to dragracing.

I wanted to say "thank you" and DAMN that was fast to Tim Hays.
While I was away for 3 weeks from the house, my wife sent out her 09' zx10r clutch basket on a Saturday. After just a very short turn around (2days) it showed back up the next Saturday (7 days total) arrived just in time for me to install it before we loaded up the bike to go run that evening.

Work looks first rate, Welds are hellvalot better then the ones I had done locally on the first basket.
Rivets looks much thicker!!
And best of all the price was very reasonable.

I'll be sending my 11' model out at the end of the season for the same great service.

Thank you again:eek:ccasion1
Sorry to revive an old thread but I contacted Hayes and hopefully they can still do this mod. My buddy blew up his 2008 ZX-10R clutch and I don't want the same to happen to mine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So pulling wheelies is also the cause for this i assume ?
$1000 later my bike was back on the road but now i am SCARED to pull wheelies after what happened last time :(
I hate this bike. Will never buy another zx10 in my life. ZX6R is the way to go. Parts are cheap and they dont suffer internal brakes.

·
U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
288 Posts
So pulling wheelies is also the cause for this i assume ?
$1000 later my bike was back on the road but now i am SCARED to pull wheelies after what happened last time :(
I hate this bike. Will never buy another zx10 in my life. ZX6R is the way to go. Parts are cheap and they dont suffer internal brakes.

Your forum title says it all...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts