Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem here are:

I swap the intake cam of my Zx-10r 2004 with race intake cam (2008) and degreed the cams at 108 for intake and 103 for exhaust.

Check and recheck and readjusted the valve clearance but the mofo, continue to make valve noise.

The tappet are all O.K no retainer busted and valve clearance well adjusted.

Seem that's a current problem when a race cam are installed, but this bother me, I want to found the solution.

It's worse when the bike are cold and around 4-5,000 rpm. I will recheck the valve clearance but I don't think that's the problem, oh and no I don't swap the tappet.

This thing drive me nuts.

Anybody got this problem and found the solution ....garth 285 where are you.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
race cam swap no good

A lot of job to put the race cam and do the timing and result = noisy motor, little bit disapointed. Tomorow are another day....

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would try to adjust the cam chain tensionner

Tomorow i will give one click to cam chain tensioner to see if it's improve the thing or doesn't change anything.

Method ar to be removed not completely but almost the top cct bolt and unscrew slowly the bottom bolt until a click was heard and screw th bolt to the torque need.

Couldn't be worse then now.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welllllllll...... are you a good mechanic ?

After I do the cam swap and after I do the valve clearance adjustment.

But if you put the racing cam instead of the standard cam you need to degreeing the cams in which case you need equipment.

And again some details missing in the how to do it. But you can PM me, when you going to have the timing wheel and the dial indicator (not the magnetic one who are another pain in the ass to use, but the one harbor freight sales with the adjustable arm)

If you ever do thin head gasket, remember that you will need to do replace the fan for a muzzy one or do the dual fan who is a pain in the ass, because the guy who put the How to do it just forgot that the inner fairing need to be cut big time and one of the attachmnet remove and the reserve tank for the radiator remove.

Just another how to do it incomplete on this site.

This morning I going to gave one click more to the

1 - 5 of 5 Posts