Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So took it to dealer and told them sounds like tensioner
They had bike 1 week and got it back sounded good .
500 miles later same noise and it's only start up cold. Took it back they replAced it again after another week at dealer because they will not order part unless bike is there .

We'll after 200 miles same knocking / ticking

We'll I took out tensioner, first took off 12mm bolt then spring and pin
Then the two 8mm bolts holding tensioner and gently pry the tensioner out.
Once out I clicked two clicks out installed tensioner and tighten 8mm screws in at same time as it will be a gap and you want tensioner go in straight .

Installed spring first and snugged it in til bottoms out.
Then insert pin with some oil coating it.
Then add bolt and snugged it up with washer on bolt

Cranked it up and bam!!!! Sounds great!!!!

If it comes back I will add manual !!!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Get a manual APE cct and cure that ticking. Just be sure to not over tighten :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a manual APE cct and cure that ticking. Just be sure to not over tighten :thumbsup:
This is my next step

I will see how long this works
I might also make a manual out of my factory one and make treads and run a bolt thru it

·
Registered
374 Posts
you dont have to take all the way out. pull the spring and pin. use a small bent screw driver to push it in while taping the stater button. I have done a bunch like this. either way it works.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you dont have to take all the way out. pull the spring and pin. use a small bent screw driver to push it in while taping the stater button. I have done a bunch like this. either way it works.
True but I wanted to see where it was and I noted just in case I needed to start over
Plus later if it comes back I know th settibg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts