Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is what happened: My friend and I were just finishing up with our ride in the mountains and were back in the city. I was following him down a 25mph road and were probably doing about 45+. Anyways we came to a red light and when it turned green we went and I just did a little wheelie and as soon as I set down the front wheel all I heard were sirens. We both pulled over at a gas station and were given tickets, here is what the ticket said..

Ordinance - 12-6-12.19 (3) Racing on streets/Exibition driving

Essential Facts - Driver of motorcycle was travelling at high rate of speed past this officer; then driver of motorcycle "popped a wheelie" while traveling in front of the officer.

I know I was in the wrong but I need some advice on what to do. On the 17th I am going to court for a speeding ticket that was issued last month. On Thursday I got a ticket for traveling in between cars (it was at a red light), and now this. Does anyone know if this new one is considered a wreckless driving? Any feedback is welcomed.

Reactions: ShervinRRR

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear what you say. That is what I am trying to avoid.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See the thing is here they don't put an amount on the ticket they only put a court date.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank man that sounds good.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have you tried call'n the office to see what the fine is.it won't tell you on the ticket but some can be paid without court.yes , i've been through this before.
I have not but I will try to do it on Tuesday since I am off.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hell, i went to the court in the Bronx for a wheelie (wreckless driving, misdemeanor). all i did was get a traffic lawyer (paid 500 bucks) but as soon as i walked into the court room my lawyer did all the talking. final result is the ticket is completely dropped.

PS. always wear a suit to court. shows the judge the respect. good luck
That shouldn't be hard (wearing a suit) since I work at a bank.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I shall see tomorrow. I am going to go to the court house and just talk with the judge and see what the total damage would be for all three.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well just got back from court. It was not too bad. Instead of 90 day in jail, all I have to do is pay a $41 fine, 24 Hours of community service and a defensive driving class. If I can get all this done it will be deffered.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Now sounding like an old man - take this as a blessing in disguise and reconsider your driving/riding and take it easy - working at a bank the last thing you want is a criminal record - blackballed for life and not worth it.
Oh I know. First thing I am going to do us gear my bike for top speed, I don't need torque at all. That is what got me in trouble.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I got pulled over the last time I rode to the office for:
"accelerating at a high rate of speed" - i was trying not to get run over by a dumptruck - shame on me
AND
"ALMOST PULLING A WHEELIE" - enough said

They were going to impound my bike and charge me with careless and reckless among other shit which I would have beat in court but just isn't worth the hassle so I just took the 20 minute lecture as I am the root of all evil in the world and cause of every accident that ever happened, blah, blah, blah
I am not professing to be innocent but WTF?
Oh as soon as I got pulled over there was a second cop that just pulled up because she thought that I was going to run from her. Now I take resposibility because I did pull that wheelie, but when she told be about it she was all "you guys could kill people doing that. Go do it somewhere else". The only person I would have hurt was myself because there was no one else on the road IMHO. What a B.<--- just her not all cops.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
"You can say you popped the clutch unintentionally."

I thought about saying that, you know, Oh I was trying to shift into second and guess gave it gas and popped the clutch. That might have worked if I didn't hang that wheelie for 1/4 mile or so.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks ShervinRRR, yeah I took the $41 fine as a blessing. Not only that but I had another court date today for speeding last month and thankfully it got dismissed bacause the officer didn't show up. From now on I'm keeping the speeds down on the street and up on the track.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
For sure 5-F Dawg, lets see if we have a nice weekend coming up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.