Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is what happened: My friend and I were just finishing up with our ride in the mountains and were back in the city. I was following him down a 25mph road and were probably doing about 45+. Anyways we came to a red light and when it turned green we went and I just did a little wheelie and as soon as I set down the front wheel all I heard were sirens. We both pulled over at a gas station and were given tickets, here is what the ticket said..

Ordinance - 12-6-12.19 (3) Racing on streets/Exibition driving

Essential Facts - Driver of motorcycle was travelling at high rate of speed past this officer; then driver of motorcycle "popped a wheelie" while traveling in front of the officer.

I know I was in the wrong but I need some advice on what to do. On the 17th I am going to court for a speeding ticket that was issued last month. On Thursday I got a ticket for traveling in between cars (it was at a red light), and now this. Does anyone know if this new one is considered a wreckless driving? Any feedback is welcomed.

Reactions: ShervinRRR

·
Registered
844 Posts
well young fella,i don't know your state laws but here you would be f--ked.from your tickets it looks like you're going to have to lose your license before you get it figured out.i don't mean any of this in a mean or negative way-just an observation-good luck.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear what you say. That is what I am trying to avoid.

·
Registered
844 Posts
somtimes it's better to pay before court day to avoid the JUDGE.and the cop is ALWAYS right.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See the thing is here they don't put an amount on the ticket they only put a court date.

·
Registered
844 Posts
yes , that does suck.in florida , if you get that racing ticket-automatic 30 DAY BIKE IMPOUND !

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
have no fear your legal team will be there! HIRE a TRAFFIC attorney and let him do what he went to grad school for, beat the system. go to court postpone the date if you don't have enough time to find a lawyer! My assessment is, you don't have the experience (take this literally and figuratively) to beat this. Lawyer up and ride a lil more careful! ALWAYS LAWYER UP...the cop is always right until an attorney shows up!

·
Registered
844 Posts
have you tried call'n the office to see what the fine is.it won't tell you on the ticket but some can be paid without court.yes , i've been through this before.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank man that sounds good.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have you tried call'n the office to see what the fine is.it won't tell you on the ticket but some can be paid without court.yes , i've been through this before.
I have not but I will try to do it on Tuesday since I am off.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
hell, i went to the court in the Bronx for a wheelie (wreckless driving, misdemeanor). all i did was get a traffic lawyer (paid 500 bucks) but as soon as i walked into the court room my lawyer did all the talking. final result is the ticket is completely dropped.

PS. always wear a suit to court. shows the judge the respect. good luck

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hell, i went to the court in the Bronx for a wheelie (wreckless driving, misdemeanor). all i did was get a traffic lawyer (paid 500 bucks) but as soon as i walked into the court room my lawyer did all the talking. final result is the ticket is completely dropped.

PS. always wear a suit to court. shows the judge the respect. good luck
That shouldn't be hard (wearing a suit) since I work at a bank.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
make that chunky peanut butter!

that way the judge could see your nuts also!

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
Go to this site, ready EVERYTHING. Then do some more google search on the matter and learn and to work the system:

http://www.ticketassassin.com/

·
Registered
779 Posts
GET A LAWYER!

Take it from someone who got royally f*cked on a totally bogus ticket. I wish I had listened to people when they told me to get a lawyer.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts