1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
looking for a new color to paint mine this might be it

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I've got one but my pics are too big i can never cut them down enough to put on here and my cell phone doesn't take pics...outside of the yellow/orange second gen it's my fav color.

·
Registered
502 Posts
This is my old one. I sold it in 06. I now have a magma red 05 that I am putting together 2 extra body sets for. One will be candy lightning blue and the titanium.

And yes it was only available in 05 on the ZX10. No other bike or year.

Here is a pic of the new one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not sure I agree about the ease of scratching. I've had mine since Oct '05 and the only scratches I have are from my wedding ring on the tank and the swingarm from a piece of metal that took out my hugger and my rear tire. Other than that, meticulous care and garage have kept it sweet.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
matte finish looks good as in the best looking 1st gen section. I think I will go Titanium all over again to be honest. Only because it was the only year the color was made so it makes it special I guess. Or just good old black like my car(not matte finish)

·
Still here
9,051 Posts
A pic that was already on photobucket.

Had mine since Jan 05 and find the finish to hold up just fine.

Of course it sucks that you can't just buff a scratch out like a normal color, but I love the matte finish. It was my first choice, I MIGHT have considered green if it had been on the floor, always liked it. But the matte ti is more me.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
There was a guy selling one near me...that's a rare color

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,612 Posts
And yes it was only available in 05 on the ZX10. No other bike or year.
Except for the 2005 ZX-6R like mine. . .and the 06 636 SE but that was a glossy Ti with ghey red flames.

·
Still here
9,051 Posts
Except for the 2005 ZX-6R like mine. . .and the 06 636 SE but that was a glossy Ti with ghey red flames.
I knew it came on something else here. El Diablo had that ti 636 too.
And I remembered the glossy SE but didn't count that.

I think the ZX14 was offered in ti in europe and I think it was matte ti as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
That color was also available on the 05 Z1000... It was my first bike.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.