Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news to those really interested in eliminating all the secondary throttle body linkage and servo crap off their 10's. Will allow for a smoother, less turbulent air intake into the throttle bodies and a little less weight. Same guy that makes the cheap exhaust servo eliminator.

You can read about it HERE at www.servobuddy.com

I'll be picking it up. I removed all the secondary linkage crap off my turbo car and before and after dyno testing showed substantial(over 10whp on a AWD car) without the plates and rods in. If I get an extra 2-3 whp on my bike it's worth the $80 for the FI light fix and for the less cluttered throttle body area. I know some won't care and will just leave only the plates removed but really that is only a partial fix.
Smoother airflow makes a big difference. Knife edging the throttle bodies and port matching exhaust flanges and header flanges all adds up to a snappier/smoother running engine and aside from seat of the pants smoothness on the throttle, before and after dyno runs show a smoother power curve. A couple of hours of work can get you a couple extra ponies:eek:ccasion1.
Just thought I'd share, I know Garth mentioned something about it 2 weeks ago but I finally read the info on the secondary servo eliminator. $80 is very reasonable as for my car I had to have codes turned off in the ECU and the tune HAD to be remapped and it ain't free to do this. I will get my bike tuned after doing the all the knife edging and exhaust port matching and the secondary removal since I changed exhaust right before winter set in.. It will all add up to more powa after retune. It will give me something to do to the bike over the long winter downtime. Maybe one of those super small batteries too if it'll work with my nitrous electronics.
Anybody else gonna remove all the linkage and crap off their secondaries now that this is coming out?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put my self on the test/waiting list a few days ago:thumbsup:
So you're going to be a tester? Make sure you give a review on here so we know how it works out and what all the crap that can be removed weighs.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
So you're going to be a tester? Make sure you give a review on here so we know how it works out and what all the crap that can be removed weighs.
I'm not sure if I will get to test it, but am hoping I can. As far as the weight I can already get that since I have the servo, tps, and rod out already, just need to find a scale.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if I will get to test it, but am hoping I can. As far as the weight I can already get that since I have the servo, tps, and rod out already, just need to find a scale.
Cool, let me know the weight. Thanx

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
There is plenty of room for improvement to the stock throttle bodies.

I love the way my bike responded to the rod removal and eliminating the uneven edges.

Definately worth doing, especially with an FI code fix.

I'm not so sure that I would promote just anyone splitting them apart and doing the work themselves. It's not "hard", but you could potentially wind up with a mess depending on your mechanically ability.

I've got a "how to" type thread with pics. somewhere.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
If you are on a Gen1 zx10 (assuming from your avatar pic) you can pull the motor and pull the wire from your gauge connector for the FI light. I did that on my old Gen1

If you really need it gone and want your FI light functional you can send your ECU to Guhl Motors and they can flash that part of the code out of the ECU as well as give you some more timing advance and some more RPM's if needed.

If not pull the FI light wire... your bike will not go into limp mode or anything.

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
i removed my flies and shaft from mine....since i have only started it to heat cycle it...there has been no fi light

will it come on when i start riding?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
if you still have the servo motor on the throttle body assembly and still hooked up I don't believe it will throw an FI light, but if you remove that servo completely it will throw codes

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Good news to those really interested in eliminating all the secondary throttle body linkage and servo crap off their 10's. Will allow for a smoother, less turbulent air intake into the throttle bodies and a little less weight. Same guy that makes the cheap exhaust servo eliminator.

You can read about it HERE at www.servobuddy.com

I'll be picking it up. I removed all the secondary linkage crap off my turbo car and before and after dyno testing showed substantial(over 10whp on a AWD car) without the plates and rods in. If I get an extra 2-3 whp on my bike it's worth the $80 for the FI light fix and for the less cluttered throttle body area. I know some won't care and will just leave only the plates removed but really that is only a partial fix.
Smoother airflow makes a big difference. Knife edging the throttle bodies and port matching exhaust flanges and header flanges all adds up to a snappier/smoother running engine and aside from seat of the pants smoothness on the throttle, before and after dyno runs show a smoother power curve. A couple of hours of work can get you a couple extra ponies:eek:ccasion1.
Just thought I'd share, I know Garth mentioned something about it 2 weeks ago but I finally read the info on the secondary servo eliminator. $80 is very reasonable as for my car I had to have codes turned off in the ECU and the tune HAD to be remapped and it ain't free to do this. I will get my bike tuned after doing the all the knife edging and exhaust port matching and the secondary removal since I changed exhaust right before winter set in.. It will all add up to more powa after retune. It will give me something to do to the bike over the long winter downtime. Maybe one of those super small batteries too if it'll work with my nitrous electronics.
Anybody else gonna remove all the linkage and crap off their secondaries now that this is coming out?
Please specify which Gen's this is for...

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you are on a Gen1 zx10 (assuming from your avatar pic) you can pull the motor and pull the wire from your gauge connector for the FI light. I did that on my old Gen1

If you really need it gone and want your FI light functional you can send your ECU to Guhl Motors and they can flash that part of the code out of the ECU as well as give you some more timing advance and some more RPM's if needed.

If not pull the FI light wire... your bike will not go into limp mode or anything.
Hi Garth,

This is for my gen3 as well as other gen3 track only bikes in my charge for build ups and such. I would like to keep FI function on one of them. On mine, I could put a micro switch on the light hot side and use it if I want to pull codes for whatever reason. We're running Bazzaz auto tune with traction control and quick shift. We alter timing within the bazzaz. What does Guhl charge for the type of reflash I'm looking for.

You can always email me at [email protected] as well.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Guhl charges 375 to flash ECU's and thats including shipping back to you. I know you said you alter timing with Bazzaz but he can also adjust timing threw the ECU and bump your rev limiter up as well.

I know the 08's have about 4* timing pulled from them.

www.guhlmotors.com is his website and has his # on there... tell him garth285 with the 2011 zx10r sent ya!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts