Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only complaint that I have ever had about my bike the very abrupt open and close of the throttle. It makes it very "jerky" when trying to use some finesse. Anybody else experience this and have there been a definitive fix for it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would check how tight the chain is if the chain is to tight would be verry jerky with throttle input,and check for any play in the throtle cable no play in the cable would make it jerky also.I run my throtle cable with no slack in them but that is how I like it.Also if you still have the stock exhaust on it,the exhaust valve makes the bike verry unprdicable on throttle input also.When you remove the valve with a new exhaust the bike becomes much smoother.Just my :2cents:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I would check how tight the chain is if the chain is to tight would be verry jerky with throttle input,and check for any play in the throtle cable no play in the cable would make it jerky also.I run my throtle cable with no slack in them but that is how I like it.Also if you still have the stock exhaust on it,the exhaust valve makes the bike verry unprdicable on throttle input also.When you remove the valve with a new exhaust the bike becomes much smoother.Just my :2cents:
:+1: the first two FREE steps are adjusting the chain and throttle cable. On the throttle make sure it doesn't stick or drag from full lock to full lock and adjust both the pull and return cables. Too tight or too loose chain adjustment is no good as well.

I also removed the cables for the exhuast valve. Don't remember if it helped smooth anything though. No valve with the AreaP back installed anyway.

A good map makes the biggested difference IMO. Mine was pretty lean in the lower rpm's/TP's. Lean will make for jerky responce. Ivans will be pretty close if you go that route.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I'll double check on the chain and cable adjustments. I will say that this is something that has always been there since zero miles. I do have a full Arkrapovic race system, so the servo is gone and it is running on the rich side with a PCIII. I am however waiting for the servo eliminator because I now have the FI and it's running in default so maybe that will help too. If I find out that the TRE I have isn't set for N then I will order Ivan's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well I got rid of the motor and installed the eliminator and I am still getting the damn FI light. Do I need to reset the ECU or something? (Not that I know how.)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I found out what the code is that it's throwing. It's a 25 which is the gear position switch. So it says in the manual. So I guess now I need to test the wires on that thing and if that is fine then I need to test the ECU. I would think if my ECU was bad I would know it though. Wouldn't I?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What gear map does Danos use? If its 5th or 6th gear, it does nothing.

Neutral map should read around 9.2K Ohms.
I called Danos today he said that it's mapped for 5th gear but he also said that it should test around 9.2 as well, so I don't know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Turn the TRE off. I had the same problem with my gipro with TRE. W/ ot on in any setting I have a severe on of throttle sensation. to remedy the problem I simply turned the TRE off. A sudden jerk whole at full lean coming out of turn 3 on summit main can be scary as Shet.

Corey

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turn the TRE off. I had the same problem with my gipro with TRE. W/ ot on in any setting I have a severe on of throttle sensation. to remedy the problem I simply turned the TRE off. A sudden jerk whole at full lean coming out of turn 3 on summit main can be scary as Shet.

Corey
The TRE I have, has no switches. It's just a plug in and that's it's. Also like I said before it has had this problem since I got with 0 miles stock and has never gotten any better. Not with a TRE or power commander. The only difference that has ever been was it got worse when the chain needed to be tightened. I still need to check the throttle cable adjustments to see if I can give it a little bit of play to help. I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of throttle body adjustment or some kind of soft/hardware tweak. Just shooting in the dark of course. Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put Ivan's TRE on and the FI light/code is gone! I also put on the servo eliminator and block off plates and put in Ivan's PCIII map. It runs better than it ever has!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts