Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have been contemplating changing the gearing on the 10, but now I've changed my mind. I read about some throttle mod that could be done, but I have no idea what it is called. I'm quite interested in going this route, but I would like to do some reading up on exactly what it is they do, and which products I could choose from.

Thanks

· Registered
1,737 Posts
1/5 Throttle Conversion?

Secondaries?

· Registered
1,737 Posts

· Registered
1,689 Posts
Hi guys

I have been contemplating changing the gearing on the 10, but now I've changed my mind. I read about some throttle mod that could be done, but I have no idea what it is called. I'm quite interested in going this route, but I would like to do some reading up on exactly what it is they do, and which products I could choose from.

Thanks
All you do is make the diameter of your throttle tube larger where the cables connect to it. Very easy to do.

Here is a pic. of what I did.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the late reply. I got stuck on the Jblaze drama.

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys. I am useless at any kind of DIY stuff, but I don't mind spending money though. So it all works out in the end ;-)

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Throttle control is not an issue for me (not trying to sound full of it), but the wrist acrobatics to go to WOT is definitely an issue. I understand that throttle control will require more attention after the mod, but that doesn't bother me too much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.