Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have been contemplating changing the gearing on the 10, but now I've changed my mind. I read about some throttle mod that could be done, but I have no idea what it is called. I'm quite interested in going this route, but I would like to do some reading up on exactly what it is they do, and which products I could choose from.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
1/5 Throttle Conversion?

Secondaries?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1/5 Throttle Conversion?

Secondaries?
I think it's the first one you listed. IIRC I read about some of the WSBK bikes that have this mod. What does this mod actually entail? Is it something you buy off the shelf and just install, or do they modify existing components?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Hi guys

I have been contemplating changing the gearing on the 10, but now I've changed my mind. I read about some throttle mod that could be done, but I have no idea what it is called. I'm quite interested in going this route, but I would like to do some reading up on exactly what it is they do, and which products I could choose from.

Thanks
All you do is make the diameter of your throttle tube larger where the cables connect to it. Very easy to do.

Here is a pic. of what I did.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the late reply. I got stuck on the Jblaze drama.

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys. I am useless at any kind of DIY stuff, but I don't mind spending money though. So it all works out in the end ;-)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
works good?
Works great.

Works good enough that I pulled mine off. True throttle control on a litre bike is difficult at high rpms. With this mod. tight corners and wheelies were a little extreme for me. Otherwise, it was fun.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i intend to do plenty of those. I'm lucky enough to stay about 15 miles from Kyalami.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Throttle control is not an issue for me (not trying to sound full of it), but the wrist acrobatics to go to WOT is definitely an issue. I understand that throttle control will require more attention after the mod, but that doesn't bother me too much.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
i got mine from rifleman on here its a great mod

1 - 15 of 15 Posts