Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just received my domino xm2 throttle and universal cables. I haven't tried to install them yet and am waiting on a new intake/fairing stay to arrive before routing. I noticed the cables come out of the domino housing on what appears to be the bottom side (opposite of domino logo). Has anyone installed this throttle, how did you route the cables, out the bottom, or over the top like stock.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post photos of the items? Maybe we can offer a solution without having owned them.

It's just an issue with the logo showing in the wrong place then you can rotate it on the throttle tube. Blast some compressed air between the rubber and the tube to separate them and rotate. If the rubber is glued onto the tube then carefully run a small screwdriver between the two to break the adhesion first.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar

Hand Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I would just copy OEM but it was fully smashed cables ripped. I'll figure it out and report back. Just waiting for my front stay for the dash and upper fairing before I route

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a brain fart earlier. Switching the cable positions at the throttle body wouldn't be a good option since you'd have to switch the cable guides along the way.

If you're not sure open up the Domino again and take a picture of the cam from the side while holding the logo right side up. We should be able to point out which cable to goes where.
That part is easy, only one way the cables can install. I was just wanted to see if anyone has installed one and if they had specific routing tips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts