Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started after a ride last week, nothing unusual happened that i remember to cause a problem. I noticed towards the end of the ride that I was idling a little higher than normal @ fully closed, about 1800 rpm, I gently twisted the throttle past the fully closed position and the idle went down, I release it and it idles back up.. I played with the grip, it's not sticking. I adjusted the acc.and dec. adjustments and it didn't seem to help. I'm about to go take the palstics off and check out the other end of the cableds but was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
It's normal, all the 2nd gens do it, don't waste the time tryin to fix it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Thought I had it sorted out this morning before going on a group ride. A couple miles into the ride , at stops, the idle was all over the place and it was cutting out up top around 10K or so. Pulled over at a station and tried making some throttle cable adjustments and idle adjustments buy it didn't respond. I think it may have something to do with either the auto choke or TPS not sure, guess i'll take it in and let a tech have a look.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What did they find having same issue mines at the dealer with a 300 dollar diagnos fee and still not fixed they telling me the throttle body sticking

·
Registered
114 Posts
Make sure your not sucking in air somewhere, which will create a lean condition giving you an erratic idle.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Does the FI light come on? Possible the air temp or tps sensor, did they eliminate them? Bad throttle bodies is unlikely but the tb servo motor or sensor maybe but for $300 they should be able to pinpoint it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts