Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a few threads where owners had bored the throttle bodies and extra 1mm radius.

is the only way, or bigger throttle bodies for direct fitment available?

·
Registered
946 Posts
which generation do you have?
Gen 3 to Gen 4 is an easily done version.

And I think i recall ZX14's are an easy swap too, even less complicated if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You should be careful about boring the throttle bodies have someone who has done it before do the work. It's not only about volume but velocity also.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
I really do not think this bike has undersized throttle bodies. The cross-sectional area is substantially more than the intake ports, and as mentioned above, you need decent velocity in the intake runners to encourage the "ramming" effect at the end of the intake stroke.

·
Registered
883 Posts
badassjake or gaz, you guys are saying on a gen 3, a gen 4 TB swap or zx14 TB swap will get you a bit? and can be done fairly easy

You can fit 47mm gen tbs in a gen3 bike but it takes a bit of work...

The thing is you will lose midrange and gain nothing up-top,even with headwork and cams.

So it's basically pointless performance wise. It does make the bike smoother though,you have a linear power curve all the way to the limiter.

A friend of mine also bored his tbs to 46mm,same result.

:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I modified 07 tb's by milling and blending main throttle shaft down, screws shortened and swedged to stay in place. was able to reduce main shaft 1.5mm in center of bore which is highest velocity area.cant verify hp increase, bike makes 193 with other mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a used hawksuperbike engine sitting at home, yet to do up a bike.

OEM - 43mm
HAWK - 48mm

now i wonder what kinda airbox or funnel kit this would be?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have an ex-Hawk airbox, among other things. Basically a bent carbon plate that uses the frame as the other 3 sides, and tank as the roof.

Cheers,
Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts