Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my 05, had a k&n air filter in and clearly he over oiled it. The throttle bodies have oily residue on them. Is it important to clean them and if so, do I have to take the whole unit appart?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
No you don't have to remove them as long as you use something that won't tear or fall in ie wipe them with a strong cloth, don't be spraying anything in there it'll run down and probably get inside a cylinder or 2. But if you want to do it right then yes remove them so you can clean the boots and deep into the inlet tracks. Just curious are you sure the oil is excess from a filter?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No you don't have to remove them as long as you use something that won't tear or fall in ie wipe them with a strong cloth, don't be spraying anything in there it'll run down and probably get inside a cylinder or 2. But if you want to do it right then yes remove them so you can clean the boots and deep into the inlet tracks. Just curious are you sure the oil is excess from a filter?
Im hoping it is from the oil filter. Im replacing the valve cover gasket and noticed the stickyness on them. Tje filter was super oily and dirty too.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts