Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down today.:sad: I guess at about 30mph. It had just rained lightly and I was about 500 feet from home. Was going around this slightly off camber left and the back end went by by. :badteeth: Tried to correct but it was to late. The whole thing was witnessed by some chick who was just learning to ride one her 250 Rebel.lol
She said "are you ok" I stood up and said yeah, I'm like "[email protected]#K!" in my head. She asks me again I say "yeah i'm ok", she tells me she's just learning how to ride. I'm thinking "in the rain", I tell her to be careful.
I pick up the bike, fire her up and ride the additional 450 feet to my apartment.
Rashed the left middle fairing cracked the lower on both sides, broke the shift lever light rash on the upper fairing, tail and exhaust shield. I'm happy I pay for Full coverage. :beer:
I checked Bikebandit just to see and the shift lever was a nice $85.:headshake I'll let the shop take care of it.
Got a little rash on the back. That's about all. Lucky.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
what year zx you got? sorry to hear about that man that sucks. yeah its always a good idea to have full coverage. glad your ok and you will be back out on the road in no time.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
sorry to hear but a little rode rash is not as bad as a totaled bike and a compound fracture. glad to hear you are ok.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Last time I was down was on my ol 87 CBR600R Hurricane back in the early 90's. Same deal bro, just rained for the 1st time in about a month in the summer. A stupid Metro bus slammed his brakes on in front of me to pick somebody up off the sidewalk, no bus stop. I just about cleared the rear, left end of the bus but caught the corner. Fractured my right leg. Had lawyers working on the case but anytime you rear end somebody it's almost impossible to recover damages.

Glad to hear you're ok. Your health is way more important than the bike. You have full coverage so you are good to go. Consider that lucky and get back up on the horse. Have fun.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Sad to hear.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, did you get the girl to follow you back to your place and give you an examination to make sure you were ok?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
sorry to hear about your crash.fix it yourself. dont claim it or your insurance co might drop you or put your coverage up an extra $3000. they fugged me before.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm with eric on this one, repair it yourself. I went down on my bike about $1000 damage. I have a $500 deductible, so I figured I would just pay for the whole thing out of pocket and not run the risk of having my Insurance payments go through the roof. Ebay, Ronayers and forum members are your connection for parts.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
OmegaX said:
I'm with eric on this one, repair it yourself. I went down on my bike about $1000 damage. I have a $500 deductible, so I figured I would just pay for the whole thing out of pocket and not run the risk of having my Insurance payments go through the roof. Ebay, Ronayers and forum members are your connection for parts.:mrgreen:

:+1: :+1:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Between here and Kawifourms there have been a sh*t load of riders going down.... You'd think it was the begaining of the riding season..... Glad your alright.. Look into fixin it yourself, and look into upgrading parts. They might be about the same as the OEM parts. I did get my fairing and other parts from Brad at Superbikesupply. They were the best prices and service....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks all
What was I wearing? Board shorts, Tank top and flip flops. Man I'm Hurtin':badteeth:

J/K Jeans, Gloves, Jacket, helmet, no boots though, just tennis'. Should have been wearing my S-MX's. Managed to scratch my ankle a little bit. And a little rash in my lower back. Other than that just a little sore.

Went back to the scene yesterday, and the only reason I can see why I wen't down (I know all of you are thinking I am a ham fisted jerk) was due to a man hole cover that sits just over the crest on the off camber left. One second I'm fine going along at about 25mph next thing I know, Hey here comes the rear end. weeeeee!!!!:BangHead::beer:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts