Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been a mechanic on motorcycles in the past, have ridden many bikes as well as owned a dozen or so. My last bike(99 GSXR 750) had an air filter, full yosh echaust, and a re-map among other things. I know that felt somewhat transformed with just the re-map after the exhaust.

Basically, to those who went out and spent $1000 give or take a few hundred on a full exhaust, $60 air filter, $300 PC3, and $300 or so on a dyno tune...was it worth it for you?

In the past, riding 600's/750's, it seemed like a good call. But thinking spending $1,700 is a bit of overkill, since there's already nearly 160hp on tap to the wheels. My next choice is to install a Yosh R-77 slip-on with an Akrapovic link pipe and leave it un-mapped to save a grand over the above option and get maybe a few ponies and save a little weight too!

I know you guys have opinions. I have the money, just a conscience, and maybe too good of judgment to just go out and spring for all this stuff. The wife was kind enough to let me buy the bike in the first place...trying not to abuse her generosity.

Looking for responses such as "woke the bike up"..."now comes up in 3rd on power, no clutch". Please omit the "just go ahead and do it" comments. Would like to hear your riding impressions too. Was it really worth it? I'm basically looking for a review from those who've spent the coin and can tell me if they think they got their $1,700 worth, and if they had it to do over again, would they have just gone slip-on, or what.

Thanks guys. And before anyone gives me the grief about searching...Most people do an exhaust, then a re-map next week/month, etc. And by the time they are done, very few ever get around to posting a full review after the fact after they've had some time to let the high of hearing the exhaust note wear off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What's up Speed? Well my set up out of the dealer was: M4 Full Exhaust, Power Commander V, and BMC race air filter. I never rode my bike stock, I have a 2008 ZX-10R, sh!t is lightning quick. I love the throttle response and it's very smooth. Every gear feels fast. My last bike was a 2006 R1 (stock), that bike can't touch the ZX-10R.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I did a Leo Vince slip on, PC V (if you have a 3rd gen DO NOT get the PC III, for the same price get the PC V), and a K&N. I did not get the dyno tune, just kinda made my own map out of a combination of maps on the DJ website and some auto tune settings my buddy has. I still plan to get the link pipe and the auto tune, but it runs smoking fast now and I have noticed a huge improvement. I Started the mods cause I hate the stock exhaust, it just kinda went from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.