Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thoughts on a Harris GF Gubellini damper

Looking to get a new damper for a Gen 1 and have been looking at Gpr, scotts, hyper pro etc. found some new Harris GF gubellini for around $280-$340 reatails around $600 Anyone here using one or have any opinions on them. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I haven't heard anything about them...Doesn't Harris make the mounts for a few dampers? For some reason I'm thinking they make one for Hyperpro?!?!

You can get a used Ohlins for around 300-400...why not get that instead?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't heard anything about them...Doesn't Harris make the mounts for a few dampers? For some reason I'm thinking they make one for Hyperpro?!?!

You can get a used Ohlins for around 300-400...why not get that instead?
Yes harris makes the mount the damper itself is a gf gubellini out of Italy. Seen some good reviews on other forums but on here i trust peoples opinions more than other forums. Just looking for something different but is also good the craftsmanship is beautiful. http://www.fgspecialparts.it/home.asp

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Sorry I dont' recall seeing a review on here...not to say there isn't one. I'm sure someone on here must have had some personal experience with them or know someone who has. Wish I could be of more help. Maybe you could be the test dummy for the rest of us?

I've heard good things about all the above though, GPR, Hyperpro, Scotts, Ohlins.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't have direct experience but I did just order a MATRIS M3 for my second gen. Oncycle is blowing them out ($211 for mine) and they have one for the 1st Gen too. They get good reviews...

Good Luck!

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
For a lot track days, I suggest a rotary type like gpr and scotts if you dont have unlimited budget.. linear types rarely survive a crash.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For a lot track days, I suggest a rotary type like gpr and scotts if you dont have unlimited budget.. linear types rarely survive a crash.
Only a few track days a year. But that is good info that i never thought about. I just wont crash:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts