Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Is there anyone out there that have set up there Gen 1 for Track day riding?

I have a 06' 636 tracky ATM and Im seriously considering turning my gen1 10R into my tracky. Besides updating the Brakes (MC & calipers) what suspension mods etc. worked best for the 10R (best bang for buck not mega dollar suspension mods), I want the thing to handle like my 636. Thoughts & suggestions much appreciated!

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
No matter what suspenion you have, I dout that you can slap the 10 like the 636..I can slap my 6 like a step child, my 10 I need to put some effort..especaliy it tight switch back..What do I know I'm a back marker anyway..:headshake
On the set up: ss line with the ZX636 (05-06) M/C and the R1 caliper (06-07)..seen to be the most popular here..If I'm wrong the member's here will correct me..

·
Registered
777 Posts
Funny thing - I ride my 10 at the track and I'm looking for a 636!

The 10 works fine though. Swap out the whole braking system from a 14 or newer 6 and some decent rubber and you're ready to go. Swapping to the 6 swingarm links helps too and it's cheap. these truly are RR bikes, so you don't need to spend thousands bringing them up the SBK spec when it far exceeds 99% of most riders' ability right out of the box.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
My 10 is just retired from the track..it's the 636's turn..and the 2nd..try out is at WSIR on the 29th..It's a nice, big flowing track..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for feedback guys, Im doing one more track day later this month with the 636 then its coming apart for a freshen up, new paint and major servicing. Im then thinking of using my 10R for both track/road duties. I dont road ride that much but prefer trackdays so was definately going to do the brake mods and DOT tyres first up, then move straight to the suspension set up and maybe some suspension mods depending on dollars.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was just at NJMP thunderbolt yesterday and I had to work my ass off to be fast on my ten.I was drained at the end of the day.I would stick to the 6 if I had the option.

·
Registered
373 Posts
you will get noticeable improvements from revalving the rear shock (£80) and fitting a 20mm kit up front (£500).

brakes as others say - brembo radial MC and yam monoblocks. less fade. more feel.

overall lap will be faster on the 10 - but not as sweet in the corners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts