Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to my first track day at Thompson Motorsports Park in Connecticut next Monday the 15th. Anybody else going to be there or been there and have any good tips?

The slight hill off of turn 10 going down the straight looks like a great place for a high side or a dangerous wheelie...

·
Registered
59 Posts
How'd you make out with the weather? I was there the sunday before luckily it was a nice day. Ive never ridden my 10r there only my 6r but yea ive seen a lot of guys on liter bikes powerwheeling down that little hill.. pretty crazy looking

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
how was it? have been super interested in doing a track day and theyre not too far away. How where the cost?? who'd you use?

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how was it? have been super interested in doing a track day and theyre not too far away. How where the cost?? who'd you use?
The Monday track day was very WET. Still Fun learning the racing lines at a slower speed though. Cost was $240 for the day plus gas. Hotel in Dayville was $125 after taxes for the wife and 3 kids to sleep comfortably. Will be trying Palmer this summer too!

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nice to see folks in here in New England. I'm trying like hell to get to a day at Thompson and Palmer.. I only have an s10 pickup so taking everything is proving difficult.. May need a sprinter type or bigger truck with trailer or something cuz I can barely fit the bike and the ramps that get it in the truck lol I at least need lawn chair a tent thing to block sun, cooler etc never mind crap for bike.. Leathers boots helmet etc

I'm curious what providers you guys use as I didn't think Tony's, fishtail or penguin had thompsons on 15th

I'm actually doing research on pulling fuses and duct clamping oil filter so it can't loosen up. I need to get front fork stands to do that (I hope) though as there isn't enough room without. I'm trying to make it for ttd 12,13 at thompsons those are some cool pics I know it rained at razee day...

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice to see folks in here in New England. I'm trying like hell to get to a day at Thompson and Palmer.. I only have an s10 pickup so taking everything is proving difficult.. May need a sprinter type or bigger truck with trailer or something cuz I can barely fit the bike and the ramps that get it in the truck lol I at least need lawn chair a tent thing to block sun, cooler etc never mind crap for bike.. Leathers boots helmet etc

I'm curious what providers you guys use as I didn't think Tony's, fishtail or penguin had thompsons on 15th

I'm actually doing research on pulling fuses and duct clamping oil filter so it can't loosen up. I need to get front fork stands to do that (I hope) though as there isn't enough room without. I'm trying to make it for ttd 12,13 at thompsons those are some cool pics I know it rained at razee day...

I used TTD. Good organization with great instructors and their bike prep is Simple, yet effective.

Rent a trailer from uhaul, $25 a day for a 5x9 with ramp which is HUGE !

Got my purchased photo, un watermarked!

Attachments

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
very nice!! Had to be a little unnerving for the rain to hit on your first track appearance though haha.
It sucked for sure but I'm pretty confident in the rain. Also I lean off the bike pretty far anyway so I don't have to Lean the bike itself as much and that helped a lot in the rain! On the plus side, it was open session all day and I got like 2 1/2 hours of track time and learned the lines very well!

·
Registered
966 Posts
I used TTD. Good organization with great instructors and their bike prep is Simple, yet effective.

Rent a trailer from uhaul, $25 a day for a 5x9 with ramp which is HUGE !

Got my purchased photo, un watermarked!
That's sweet pic man, looks like they didn't make you tape lights even . I talked to tony and he said that clamping the oil filter is important, I'd just try to pull fuses and remove mirrors. They actually had a day at
Palmer today. There is a pretty big retaining wall/jersey barrier style wall that borders the track that's a tad unnerving yo me personally. Granted it is curved. I will definetely check into trailer.

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's sweet pic man, looks like they didn't make you tape lights even . I talked to tony and he said that clamping the oil filter is important, I'd just try to pull fuses and remove mirrors. They actually had a day at
Palmer today. There is a pretty big retaining wall/jersey barrier style wall that borders the track that's a tad unnerving yo me personally. Granted it is curved. I will definetely check into trailer.
Yeah I went and safety wired a bunch of stuff. Unplugged taillight and removed all the HID ballasts and bulbs.

I'm going to try Palmer sometime this summer.

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
966 Posts
Wowwwwwwww. People are fucking stupid. Engine noise doesn't even travel that far. I was standing at the fence behind turn 1 and 2 at Thompson and you could barely hear some of the bikes coming down the straight.
It's probly louder when they're heading away from you. They are circling the wagons tough up there. The economic downturn hit that town guard and they haven't bounced back. I heard they're is shit load of property for sale up there surrounding track and everyone is blaming it for the reason..... Just hearsay but who knows

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's probly louder when they're heading away from you. They are circling the wagons tough up there. The economic downturn hit that town guard and they haven't bounced back. I heard they're is shit load of property for sale up there surrounding track and everyone is blaming it for the reason..... Just hearsay but who knows
I watched the videos they posted. It's not very loud even when they say It's one of their loudest days. I live on a fairly busy backroad and it's MUCH louder than that and I'm not bitching.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
Prime real estate as far as Im concerned. :grin2:

Congrats to the op on surviving a rainy track day. I think riding in the rain can be a great learning tool if your willing to do it.

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Prime real estate as far as Im concerned. :grin2:

Congrats to the op on surviving a rainy track day. I think riding in the rain can be a great learning tool if your willing to do it.
HAHA yup! Lucky bastards living around a race track haha.

And yeah it was definitely interesting seeing how much I could actually push it in the rain in a safe place. 102 was my limit on the straight before the rear started spinning.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts