Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy dropped off his bike to be painted. They left on his girlfriends 06 10r. Before they left I told her she had a wheel bearing going out, and he shocks needed re-sealed. She said she woul bring it back out one day. Well the next morning I found out they wrecked on her bike head on into a concrete barrier. He has massive head trama, broken neck, broken back, broken ribs, calapsed lungs, broken hands, internal bleeding, and is in a induced coma. She 10 stiches in her leg, broken hand, and a lot of bruising. Now I have this guys R1 and he has only 1 sister. Ugh I'm going to finish his bike and store it, but what a F'd up situation. I hope he pulls through it.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
A guy dropped off his bike to be painted. They left on his girlfriends 06 10r. Before they left I told her she had a wheel bearing going out, and he shocks needed re-sealed. She said she woul bring it back out one day. Well the next morning I found out they wrecked on her bike head on into a concrete barrier. He has massive head trama, broken neck, broken back, broken ribs, calapsed lungs, broken hands, internal bleeding, and is in a induced coma. She 10 stiches in her leg, broken hand, and a lot of bruising. Now I have this guys R1 and he has only 1 sister. Ugh I'm going to finish his bike and store it, but what a F'd up situation. I hope he pulls through it.
Wow! Crazy story.....Like you said..f'd up situation!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think he'll ever ride again. So I guess I'll have a R1 for a long ass time, sigh.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
damn man, what a shitty story, any idea how they went down? was it the wheel bearing locking up?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From his girlfriend "he went in the exit ramp really hard then he freaked out, striaghtened up the bike and went head on into the concrete barrier"... He only rode a 600 for 1 year...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think these facts led to the crash. Bike was lowered not correctly either for her. The left front shock was blown. Front wheel bearings bad. Experience was another big factor.

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
Man from a 600 to a 1000.People these days love to have what the next person has.Plus not checking out your bike before u go for a ride(me to)alot of factors that can turn a good day into a bad one.So he only has the sister and know one else?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I know? He had his r1 for 3 months ,d wrecked it. I know he wrecked his 600 too. His R1 ia pretty nice ohlins rear shock, ohlins internals in the front, power comander, int. Tailight, wet nitrous system, chromed out and much more. At 20 he had a lot going for him.

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
Man i had a guy at work like that had a 636 and in a month span wrecked it 3 time last wreck was on the highway and and a truck ran over his leg.After that he wanted to buy one of my bike(cuz the 636 didn't have enough horsepower for him....He says).Some people are just mint not to ride.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm sorry to say what other people are probably thinking but going from wrecking a 600 to a seriously work R1, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Sorry to hear that though. Hope everything works out.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sorry to say what other people are probably thinking but going from wrecking a 600 to a seriously work R1, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Sorry to hear that though. Hope everything works out.
I agree with u.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Nitrous and he's a short time rider huh. Stupid hurts. You oughta put a storage or mechanics lein on the bike and own that bitch.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
That sucks bro

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nitrous and he's a short time rider huh. Stupid hurts. You oughta put a storage or mechanics lein on the bike and own that bitch.
Sorry but I'm not like that. The guy always paid cash money for work, and on time. that means a lot to me.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That does suck! Praying for him, her and the families

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey kabooki, Sorry to her about your friend. What hospital is he in, Methodist or St. Vincent. As far as his spine you guys have very good spine surgeons there. I worked with quite a few. I pray he makes it. I'm sure he will. I saw your bike at motogp, east side infield bike parking on sunday, nice bike.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts