Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know for a fact that this has been asked several times but always seems to get some yes and no answers...

Will a first gen clutch basket fit in a gen 2? I know the clutch oak and stuff will fit. I found a complete clutch out of an 05 on eBay and want to buy it for my 2nd gen because I dragrace.

I'm looking to replace my whole clutch, basket, steels, fibers, inner hub and everything.

So has ANYONE put a 1st gen clutch in a 2nd gen

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
No clutch basket were specific to crankshaft and cases. As for the fibers and steels I do not know. That's the short answer.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No clutch basket were specific to crankshaft and cases. As for the fibers and steels I do not know. That's the short answer.
I know for a fact fibers and steels will fit, as for baskets being specific for crank cases, I knew that also, BUT have heard of people using non matching baskets in first gens successfully, just not sure if anyone has tried one in a gen 2

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yeah but I've also heard of people using mixmatched baskets and engines scattering afterwards. For something like that I would scavenge for the correct part or pay the money for a new one. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The cranks are much different, and I'd guess the part #s are different, so I would kinda doubt it. The only way to know is to try it.

I used to drag race a ZRX1100, and wanted to use a ZX11 clutch assembly. The dimensions and number of teeth were the same, but the pitch of the gear was different. It went together fine, but would barely turn with a wrench.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts