Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you lucky bastards out there who get to ride…… welcome to our world….. we did not get hit this hard up here in Fairbanks, but there was a fresh dusting this morning....... yes I'm whining

Anchorage digs out after record snowfall
The Associated Press
Published: April 26th, 2008 12:37 PM
Last Modified: April 26th, 2008 12:37 PM
Anchorage continues to dig out from a snowfall that set a record for the day and the month.The National Weather Service says 17.2 inches fell at its office just south of Anchorage's international airport and 22 inches fell in northeast Anchorage on Friday and Saturday.

The heaviest snow fell between 3 and 6 p.m. Friday at a rate of almost two inches per hour.
The monthly total at the weather service office is now 29.7 inches, breaking a record from 1963 when 27.6 inches fell during April.
The 15.5 inches that fell Friday is the third-most for any one day in Anchorage. The record is the 25.7 inches that fell six years ago on March 17, 2002.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/387743.html

Attachments

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
WOW, here in Beverly Hills, last night around 10pm it was a little over 75 outside and around midnight it dropped to 70 and today (Sunday) it's in the 90's.

I LOVE S CALI

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
WOW, here in Beverly Hills, last night around 10pm it was a little over 75 outside and around midnight it dropped to 70 and today (Sunday) it's in the 90's.

I LOVE S CALI
I agree with you man feck that snow crap

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
I agree with you man feck that snow crap
Unless you're hitting the slopes snowboarding on fresh powder for the weekend, that's the only thing that snow serves.

I'll take the 85-90 weather, hot asphalt for tires to STICK and shred, warm dry summer nights to cruise PCH with my baby to Malibu.
Enough said.

I LOVE S CALI

·
Registered
667 Posts
Have you ridden the oil road to Prudhoe Bay?

I'm needing to do that in the next couple years.

Didnt I just read in one of the cycle mags about a track outside Anchorage?

Greetings from the lower 48. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you ridden the oil road to Prudhoe Bay?

I'm needing to do that in the next couple years.

Didnt I just read in one of the cycle mags about a track outside Anchorage?

Greetings from the lower 48. :thumbsup:
I have driven only to Pump Station 04 which is about 140 miles south of Prudhoe Bay. I have made the trip well over a hundred times. I’ll be doing it again on Tuesday for two weeks.

I have seen all types of bikes up and down the haul road, and pretty much all of them are nuts, IMO. The semi trucks are doing about 60 mph when they are southbound; I have seen many windshields with holes about the size of your head from the rocks thrown from the trucks. The road sucks on the best days…. But if you decide to do it let me know in advance and you can stay with me before you were to head north.

The only track I know of it out side of Tok, and it’s an old airstrip…. I have not been there only talked to a few folks who have been there.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
norcal; i rode from 8am to 8pm today, all day from 70-85F , it was...perfect

Not tryin to rub it in but damn, i dont think i can take winters that long; i start bitching when it rains in between sunny days now...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
norcal; i rode from 8am to 8pm today, all day from 70-85F , it was...perfect

Not tryin to rub it in but damn, i dont think i can take winters that long; i start bitching when it rains in between sunny days now...
I remember those days…. I was working at the prison down the road from you…… Skiing on Folsom lake….

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
okay, jsut got home, it's about 3:30 am, and from this sites read out on the temp for Beverly Hills, it is 77 outside, Sunday will be in the 90's and the Valley will hit triple digits. This is no longer funny.

I expect a 4.5 - 5.5 earthquake with in the next 24 hours.

We are past due since 1994.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have driven only to Pump Station 04 which is about 140 miles south of Prudhoe Bay. I have made the trip well over a hundred times. I’ll be doing it again on Tuesday for two weeks.

I have seen all types of bikes up and down the haul road, and pretty much all of them are nuts, IMO. The semi trucks are doing about 60 mph when they are southbound; I have seen many windshields with holes about the size of your head from the rocks thrown from the trucks. The road sucks on the best days…. But if you decide to do it let me know in advance and you can stay with me before you were to head north.

Kind of you for the invite, thanks. I have a couple buddies who would go also, we wouldnt crash on you, but probably meet for a burger & say "howdy". I'd fly up & rent a BMW in Anchorage & trash their bike! lol!

The only track I know of it out side of Tok, and it’s an old airstrip…. I have not been there only talked to a few folks who have been there.
Yes, Tok, old airstrip. That's it. Didnt look too fancy, I think they had to chase a moose off every now & then, but hey, you do what you have to do!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Nice pics :lol: My Brother was born in Fairbanks Alaska.Father was in the Armed Forces Lived there for 2 yrs when I was Younger.Have alot of pics from the winter & whiteouts wildlife etc.Been on the Yukon river when it ws frozen over as well in a Military Artic Snow Cat. Pretty bad ass beautiful up there when the weather is Nice. Ride safe & Dress warm.:crackup:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
um. i have one word for you...move :mrgreen: it was only 80 all weekend here w/ sunny blue skies...but i would like to move to alaska for atleast a year or more

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You mean like this guy :lol:.

:crackup: Had an old Yamaha Razz scooter layin around so one year we pulled the tires, ran 8 or 9 boxes of sheet metal screw screws through the tires, filled the tires with Slime and mobbed that bitch around everywhere in the snow, funnest sh!t ever!

·
GEN II Driver
2,881 Posts
up here in fairbanks for work. i can vouch, the weather sucks. actually kind of cleared up today and isn't balls cold with sidways snow blowing in my face. beautiful country and i've seen a couple moose to boot.

·
Registered
667 Posts
up here in fairbanks for work. i can vouch, the weather sucks. actually kind of cleared up today and isn't balls cold with sidways snow blowing in my face. beautiful country and i've seen a couple moose to boot.

I saw some when I was up there. Thought I'd bring home a souvenior.........

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts