Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i removed the motor for my secondary flies, and after lookin at the system i noticed a servo on the right side of the flies shaft. my question is: since the motor will no longer be turning the shaft will the lack of movement in that servo throw an fi code? i am leaving the the fly motor connected to the harness, and just hiding it somewhere to prevent the code. thanks guys.
cj

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, the secondary flys in the throttlebodies. and to be more exact, the servo to the right of the tb

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
If all you do is unscrew the butterflies from the shaft and leave the shaft in place (and the motor connected to it), the system will have absolutely no knowledge of what you've done. The motor will still turn, the shaft will still turn just like it always has.

If you completely remove everything, you are going to have some fault codes. If the motor is electrically connected to the harness but the system doesn't see the correct response from the TPS (throttle position sensor), it will know that something's up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thats what i was affraid of. i took the motor off the shaft, but left it wired into the harness(i had to move it to make the room for the airbox), so now i just have to make a bracket to connect that sensor to the motor so it all moves correctly. with that done the bike will think it is all working correctly. thanks again guys

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
damn Lots of work...

goign to find out tomorrow if this will be an issue with my 6R, as i did the complete Secondry removal and want to leave the servo off completely...
good luck and be sure to post up some pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts