Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding this bike regularly (22,000 miles, oil is good) and a few days ago I started it up and walked down to my truck to get my helmet. All of the sudden it made a loud screeching sound that is best described as what a loose/worn belt on a car makes??? I called a few people...put it in 6th, rolled it backwards about 10 feet and it cranked up normal for about 3 seconds then did it agian...

It is not frozen, it will start but makes this CRAZY LOUD sound...any ideas before I try and find another motor????

Of course this happens when the weather is PERFECT!!!!

Thanks for any info!!!!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
You may want to put the bike up on a rear stand and see if the rear wheel takes off spinning from internal friction during that sound. It might be clutch to mainshaft bearing and also the countershaft.
+1. There's a thread I'll try to dig up on hear about one of the trans shaft bearings causing noise from friction though it was a constant light audible sound, not a "just let loose/seized bearing kinda sound. I would suspect clutch or tranny if it's not the starter sticking(would do that right away after hitting button). Let me try and dig up that tranny thread.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that u say that I thought I felt it slipping a little for about a week before this happened???

Thanks for the info, I will try that ASAP!!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts