Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Good question. Pretty soon, no matter where you finish in the race you will still be on the podium. :lol:

·
Registered
265 Posts
sweet, maybe ill go after an ama title then... pull in with the pitbike, qualify 3 of 3. grid, start, black flag myself and get the title.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that sucks, road racing in America is depressingly bad

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
It been going down hill and now its hit rock bottom basically...its a joke...I don't even waste my time anymore...

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Yeah it's in trouble and last year was a disaster, but the article said yamaha and suzuki testing- not all teams testing.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It been going down hill and now its hit rock bottom basically...its a joke...I don't even waste my time anymore...
:+1: i used to make it a point to watch ama sbk back in the day, after last year i could give a flying f*ck about it now. someone said above that it was just suzuki & yamaha testing, ya thats right but really who else is there? there is no factory kawi or honda sbk teams unless they are privateer efforts. basically dmg has made ama sbk glorified club racing:rolleyes:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
:+1: i used to make it a point to watch ama sbk back in the day, after last year i could give a flying f*ck about it now. someone said above that it was just suzuki & yamaha testing, ya thats right but really who else is there? there is no factory kawi or honda sbk teams unless they are privateer efforts. basically dmg has made ama sbk glorified club racing:rolleyes:
Preaching to the choir man. Just saying that there will be other riders.

I was in Daytona for the 200 and decided to just watch it on TV.
I made the right choice, would have been pissed if I was actually at the race.

The dirt track race at the municipal speedway was the best thing that weekend. MX was cool too but we need more dirt track races.

Kind of like old GP, rear sliding constantly and lots of swapping of position for a good race.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think they are trying to follow thier old blueprint for NASCAR success. What they don't realize is that if we liked NASCAR we'd be watching NASCAR not AMA motorcycle racing!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
sweet i wont have to waste 3 vacation days to spend in the rainstorms in elkart lake, wi in 2010 now maybe i can take a trip to miller wsbk instead.......

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I actually think the DMG has a plan and they are going about it in their own way. This sucks but heres what they are doing guys. (whether they will admit it or not)
1. They want absolutley no factory teams!
2. They want only small privateer backed teams for now that won't ruffle feathers and will dance the dance
3. Once they have gotten rid of the factory teams and have several 1-2 rider privateer teams they will try and get the series down to two or three makes and the rules will limit the bikes to being pretty much identical spec with spec tires (sound familiar so far)
4. The several privateer teams will have to depend on sponser packages for money.

They are trying to turn the damn series into NASCAR guys!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I actually think the DMG has a plan and they are going about it in their own way. This sucks but heres what they are doing guys. (whether they will admit it or not)
1. They want absolutley no factory teams!
2. They want only small privateer backed teams for now that won't ruffle feathers and will dance the dance
3. Once they have gotten rid of the factory teams and have several 1-2 rider privateer teams they will try and get the series down to two or three makes and the rules will limit the bikes to being pretty much identical spec with spec tires (sound familiar so far)
4. The several privateer teams will have to depend on sponser packages for money.

They are trying to turn the damn series into NASCAR guys!
I pretty much agree and have been thinking / saying about the same, although I think you missed a few things.

They also want to run off the best riders, and make sure any rider can replaced by the next half ass rider if they don't dance as told.

The brands they planned to include were buell, buell and buell. Not sure what plan B will be.

Once they get this all in place, the sponsor(s) team with the most cash will contend for the championship. The races will be orchestrated with lots of passing for the lead (only for the sponsors spending enough money of course).

Yea, just like nascrap.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts