Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL, this site can make an owner of a 10 insecure.Paint woes,cracked frames,backfiring,last place magazine finishes etc. and oh yeah, your 10s ugly.As the owner of a Dodge ram pickup I can tell you that there was a similar site that covers that truck and by the time you finished reading it they had you convinced you tranny would fail and 100 other issues.I'm happy to report it was all crap and my 10 doesnt have any of the many issues reported here either.
Darren in Buffalo NY

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yea, most issues on the bikes usually, on the large scale of things, ends up being just a few bikes out of the many that are out there. Its always nice to know the potential problems though, and what to look for to make sure you don't have them. If you've got the 06 though, the only cure to the problem is to get rid of it and get an 04/05.

I'm only joking, don't flame on me!!!!!:lol: A ZX10R, no matter the year, is the best of the best imo!:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Darren797 said:
LOL, this site can make an owner of a 10 insecure.Paint woes,cracked frames,backfiring,last place magazine finishes etc. and oh yeah, your 10s ugly.As the owner of a Dodge ram pickup I can tell you that there was a similar site that covers that truck and by the time you finished reading it they had you convinced you tranny would fail and 100 other issues.I'm happy to report it was all crap and my 10 doesnt have any of the many issues reported here either.
Darren in Buffalo NY
brave post......here....but for many that are here long enough...you learn to know what is common issues...so when a few have problems but the majority doesn't...you learn to ignore it for the most part. But the ones that do have problems that are reported on this site love that info. for help....so...I would call it a site for great info..not to make some owner insecure...and I know your messing but a great point to bring up with all that has been reported lately. :thumbsup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
LOL- can work the other way too though in time, good stories.

My friend's Ram got a tranny under warranty, twice I think. A 97 or earlier one. Seriously.

·
Registered
885 Posts
If people posted about how well their bike were running then everyone would have 10,000 posts. Seriously.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Theres been some poles on this site that asked 04/05 people if they had some of the more common problems, and the vast majority have had very few problems.

Knock on wood!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Mines been great. Ive had it just over a yr now and I must say my only bitch with it is I dont get to ride it as much as Id like too. Fuggin rainy, snowy, cold Indiana weather! Seriously though the bike is a beast and that is what makes it so fun. Its noisy, it groans, it spins the back wheel at 100mph. What more could you ask for?
I did have the oportunity to sit on a new 06 the other day and I like the bike much better in person. I am looking forward to giving one a nice shake down first chance I get. It is much more refined looking than the 04/05 but I love the rawness of the 04/05. I took a friend of mines 05 R1 for a spin today and I noticed that it is very refined feeling as well. That bike shifted like butter! I didnt really lay into like I would have liked too but it was very nice, just too refined feeling.
The 04/05 10 is a beast not for the faint of heart. Respect it, be safe and ride smart!! :badteeth:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
this is a tecky site. not full of all the yo momma bs. so yea we cover tech shit... so if you dont like that then... yo moma

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Man, first we get accused of being to nice about our bikes, and plugging our ears everytime somebody has an issue. . .Now we got a dude that says we b*ch too much. Guess you can't please everybody. :dontknow:

Oh, and +1 on what Blue said.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Very informative site for me. I read the problems but dont dwell on them.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
dont make me get hill in here we'll start pissing and moaning about scotts vs gpr again :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts