Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1st gen zx10 has 8k on it and im thinking of doing a 30 shot. How long would the bike usually last with a 30 shot and correct tune?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
It will last quite awhile. I have a 60 shot on mine. Stock internals. I'm going to put my 30 shot back in. Makes me feel a little more comfortable. I could afford to replace the motor a few years ago, but I can't now. I would also recommend a higher octane fuel to err on the side of caution.

I have a 1 lb. bottle and bracket if you're interested. Also have an airbox ready for n2o.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will last quite awhile. I have a 60 shot on mine. Stock internals. I'm going to put my 30 shot back in. Makes me feel a little more comfortable. I could afford to replace the motor a few years ago, but I can't now. I would also recommend a higher octane fuel to err on the side of caution.

I have a 1 lb. bottle and bracket if you're interested.
oh really well i might do the 60, im just wanting to go mid 5's. im running consistent low 6's now and believe it has a high 5 in it.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I'm running 110 gas and the map is setup for the n2o to be sprayed from 7k rpm to redline. My friend and dyno tuner set it up and it works well. I also have a DJ hub to switch maps. The n2o map is too rich from 7k rpm to redline and spits and sputters without n2o.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm running 110 gas and the map is setup for the n2o to be sprayed from 7k rpm to redline. My friend and dyno tuner set it up and it works well. I also have a DJ hub to switch maps. The n2o map is too rich from 7k rpm to redline and spits and sputters without n2o.
im launching for around 10k so i dont know how that would work lol. are you using a thumb switch or how does it come in?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I'm using the lap button to activate the n2o. It really helps if you have a quickshifter or airshifter. No need to let off of the throttle and n2o to shift. I also launch around 10k rpm, but it works great once you get yourself used to watching the tach and hitting the button. There are switches you can use to turn the n2o on at wide open throttle.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
For a proper setup, get a NOS mini progressive controller. It has many user settings and enables throttke postion sensor tap in to enable WOT activation and also any rpm activation along with progressive spray ability and trust me, you want a progressive spray. Also get a dynjet multi functiob hub and a map switch so you can have 2 custon maps. On and off the bottle maps and can switch maps on the fly. You cannot have one tune for dry shot and off the bottle. You could do a WET sysrem whicg is more complex but eliminates the need for 2 maps. Dry kits are easy and cheap.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Dry kits are easy and cheap.
Not with the progressive controller you're talking about ($260-$310). I haven't used a controller and have had no problems.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My 1st gen zx10 has 8k on it and im thinking of doing a 30 shot. How long would the bike usually last with a 30 shot and correct tune?
If it's tuned at 12.5:1 or richer, and you stay out of the rev limiter, it will last forever.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Not with the progressive controller you're talking about ($260-$310). I haven't used a controller and have had no problems.
True, not needed. I personally like the adjustabilty it provides. Since the NOS prog. controller is a universal wire in, you can find them all over the web used for less than $150. The multi hub even cheaper. $350 for a new MPS dry spider kit, $150 for a used controller and another $100 for a used multi hub. Pretty cheap and really easy to pc together add ons.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
From the looks of it, they are universal as long as you have a powercommander

1 - 13 of 13 Posts