Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I were thinking of hitting the big island (Kona) Hawaii sometime soon and was wondering what the cost of food etc is? We have a real nice place through vacation rentals by owner so we have a house with a kitchen so no need to eat out for 2 weeks straight. Any thing cool we should know?

·
The Pace
6,945 Posts
You'll notice prices only in the little grocery stores and at the gas stations. Get the Sunset mag for HI; has all kinds of hidden stuff.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
green shell muscles, cooked on the half shell, in grocery stores, sells for 3 bucks for dozen, holy goodness, i ate at last a hundred the week i was in Kauai

the look like this

eat where the locals eat, shop where they shop, you'll get the best food that way and find the freshest stuff

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
This should get you guys started off on the right path.

Starbucks:

75-1022 Henry Street, Kailua-Kona, HI
(808) 334-1423

74-5455 Makala Boulevard
Kailua-Kona
(808) 334-4020

74-5588 Palani Road
Kailua-Kona
(808) 329-1166

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1280&bih=635&wrapid=tlif134971270821910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=starbucks+in+kona+hawaii&fb=1&gl=us&hq=starbucks&hnear=0x79540eb26a91b401:0x7911d83882da5a7,Kailua-Kona,+HI&sa=X&ei=TftyUNyKA6bSigK6uoCACQ&ved=0CJEBELYD

·
The Pace
6,945 Posts

Starbucks:

(808) 334-1423

74-5455 Makala Boulevard
Kailua-Kona
(808) 334-4020

74-5588 Palani Road
Kailua-Kona
(808) 329-1166

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1280&bih=635&wrapid=tlif134971270821910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=starbucks+in+kona+hawaii&fb=1&gl=us&hq=starbucks&hnear=0x79540eb26a91b401:0x7911d83882da5a7,Kailua-Kona,+HI&sa=X&ei=TftyUNyKA6bSigK6uoCACQ&ved=0CJEBELYD
lol. But they'll be in a hotel with the breakfast thingie, or whatever they call it. Just got get up early enough before everyone drinks all the coffee and eats everything else!

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I stayed in Maui for a couple of weeks and didn't notice too much of a difference in prices there versus here in Austin. A few cents here, 10 cents there, but not a whole lot of difference price wise in the normal big stores. Gas wasn't that bad either, but that was a couple of years ago. You can price check everything from your laptop if you need to, just put in the ZIP and whatever you want to get. That's how we budgeted before we went.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Starbucks:

(808) 334-1423

74-5455 Makala Boulevard
Kailua-Kona
(808) 334-4020

74-5588 Palani Road
Kailua-Kona
(808) 329-1166

I would rather drink my own piss than that overpriced uppity garbage.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
I would rather drink my own piss than that overpriced uppity garbage.
You know what?
You're absolutely right, who'd want to spend that kind of money when one can use their own for free..

It's that what I am trying to figure out is... Well um.....
How is it that for a company like Starbucks that has overpriced uppity garbage, how are they managing a financial cap of just slightly over 47 BILLION?
47 BILLION divided by $4.35 cups of coffee is a lot of coffee. I know I drink a lot, but I don't drink that much, so I guessing there's quite a few others who are too. Like a lot a lot.

This is just according to some financial place know as NASDAQ at time of writing this post:

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:SBUX

I kinda wish I had a product that has overpriced uppity garbage and could profit half... no wait, fine, I'll even settle for a 3rd of a financial cap of 47 BILLION.

I could buy a really nice bike and have it delivered to me on top of a Jumbo jet at the LAX, kind of like how NASA delivered the Space Shuttle to the LAX a few weeks ago.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
LOL...^

I wouldn't waste too much time on that dude though, he's a total douche and continues to prove it with each post.

Sent via iPhone

·
Registered
215 Posts
You know what?
You're absolutely right, who'd want to spend that kind of money when one can use their own for free..

It's that what I am trying to figure out is... Well um.....
How is it that for a company like Starbucks that has overpriced uppity garbage, how are they managing a financial cap of just slightly over 47 BILLION?
47 BILLION divided by $4.35 cups of coffee is a lot of coffee. I know I drink a lot, but I don't drink that much, so I guessing there's quite a few others who are too. Like a lot a lot.

This is just according to some financial place know as NASDAQ at time of writing this post:

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:SBUX

I kinda wish I had a product that has overpriced uppity garbage and could profit half... no wait, fine, I'll even settle for a 3rd of a financial cap of 47 BILLION.

I could buy a really nice bike and have it delivered to me on top of a Jumbo jet at the LAX, kind of like how NASA delivered the Space Shuttle to the LAX a few weeks ago.
Interesting, here's what I would do. Stop going to starbucks twice a week. Put the money saved under your pillow or in your moms sockdrawer or something similar. In about 6 years you'll have enough money to by yourself a car so the chick behind the counter will finally go out with you. I'm a problem solver, that's what I do. :hello:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
Interesting, here's what I would do. Stop going to starbucks twice a week. Put the money saved under your pillow or in your moms sockdrawer or something similar. In about 6 years you'll have enough money to by yourself a car so the chick behind the counter will finally go out with you. I'm a problem solver, that's what I do. :hello:
um...and just how did we arrive with twice a week?
:dontknow:

I have an empty venti cup, will that work?
:dontknow:

With the amount of coffee I consume daily, it wouldn't take 6 years.. Try 6 months lol

It takes more than a car to get a chick in my little small neighborhood

·
Registered
215 Posts
Now we're talkin, just think, at your pace in 6 months you could have a car, move out of your parents place, invest in a penis pump and you'll be on your way. Like I said, I'm a problem solver.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Lol.
You forgot to add squid
:heyyou:

um.. I think after 3,500 post, I've more than just proved, no?

HAHA, easy....my comment wasn't directed at you. Cheers :sbucks: :wink:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
HAHA, easy....my comment wasn't directed at you. Cheers :sbucks: :wink:
ahh man!
Looks like the timing was off in chronological order after mine.
Now I feel wee tadded :hick:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on earth. All the islands have their own unique beauty. The Big Island has the volcanoes and because it is one of the “New” Islands the vegetation is sparse but it may be the best place to rent and ride a motorcycle. Go to a different area everyday. Black Sands Beach is one of my favorites but be careful in the water, in fact stay out of the water. The current is deadly. The views are heavenly.
Keep away from the tourist locations and the food is about the same as it is here. However you still want to put aside a little money for a night out. The Food and the Hawaiian people are wonderful.
Go to the record store and buy an old fashion Hawaiian music CD. Play it every day all day to get in the spirit.

Remember the point is to enjoy yourself. Be sure to tells us about it.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
We were in Maui in April. If you cook you won't notice too much a difference. Gas was a bit high but I was expecting the differences. What I was not expecting was the disdain the locals have for tourist.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts