Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesturday I decided to go karting as I haven't done it in 2 years and one of my buddy's friends is talking way to much shit thinking he'll destroy me lol. This is the track and I only drove the 2 stroke kart(something like 25hp and I'm getting 150-175 pounds?) for 5 laps. My best lap with the 2 stroke was a mid 55 which is by no means fast for that kart, I usually use the 9hp karts as they are allowed for competition I destroyed my personal best time 2 years ago by nearly 2 seconds(58.8) I'm in gear like 205 pounds. I'm planning on getting a used 2 stroke TAG kart later in the year for some cheap fun and to further hone my driving skills and they can always be improved. This isn't me but basically the same kart I drove yesturday and track to give you guys an idea.

I'll try and get a helmet cam for the next time I go. I'm sure we have some kart racers among us looking for advice.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
bad ass man, ive never raced one but ive driven the shit out a few messing around and they are a blast

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
So yesturday I decided to go karting as I haven't done it in 2 years and one of my buddy's friends is talking way to much shit thinking he'll destroy me lol. This is the track and I only drove the 2 stroke kart(something like 25hp and I'm getting 150-175 pounds?) for 5 laps. My best lap with the 2 stroke was a mid 55 which is by no means fast for that kart, I usually use the 9hp karts as they are allowed for competition I destroyed my personal best time 2 years ago by nearly 2 seconds(58.8) I'm in gear like 205 pounds. I'm planning on getting a used 2 stroke TAG kart later in the year for some cheap fun and to further hone my driving skills and they can always be improved. This isn't me but basically the same kart I drove yesturday and track to give you guys an idea.
YouTube- F440 2 Stroke

I'll try and get a helmet cam for the next time I go. I'm sure we have some kart racers among us looking for advice.

Nice! There is a local Kart track I drive I think they are 9 HP... not sure. It's indoor and top speed is 45 or 50 MPH... It's a blast and I seen some bad wrecks too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I used to race all over the country. Started with the oval racing then went to shifters. It is a lot of fun. If you want a crazy rush look into the shifter karts. 130 mph with your butt half an inch from the ground is crazy.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
hahaha, you guys are nuts. The rush of a sidecar is cool to add to the kart idea. But yes, I have two karts that are centrifugal. Still fun. Sidecars were just too much $'s. Enjoy running the track while you can.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the 2 strokes i know there are air and water cooled. Which is better and why? I'd assume the water cooled is more reliable and the air would just be lighter but this is goingto be used just for fun not competition.

·
Registered
230 Posts
With the 2 strokes i know there are air and water cooled. Which is better and why? I'd assume the water cooled is more reliable and the air would just be lighter but this is goingto be used just for fun not competition.
Neither of them are going to be reliable. They are full on racing engines and are not made to be used just for fun. I had 4 backup engines and an engine rebuilt every few months when I was racing. I would actually go with air cooled though if I was you. Much easier to maintain and for backyard bashing would be a better option.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here you go. I have run karts for 15 years. I dont run as much as I used to but this video was from last year near Kansas City MO. Now I am running lightning sprint cars with the ZX-10R motor.

I would look at buying a stock moto if I was you. Which is a stock CR-125 motor. Much cheaper to fix, much cheaper to run, and will last the year with out a top end rebuild.

Go to www.jack93racing.net to check out more videos

Quantrill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts