Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys over the winter i was thinking about stretchin my gen1... was wondering wats a good wb for the 10's and how much time will i shave off my best time being swb [email protected] any tips or advice will be appreciated.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
hey guys over the winter i was thinking about stretchin my gen1... was wondering wats a good wb for the 10's and how much time will i shave off my best time being swb [email protected] any tips or advice will be appreciated.
Man its all on how extreme you wanna go. If your really lookin to get nasty you can go 10-12 over and gear the hell out of it. Mine right now is 6 over and as low as I can get it -2 +2 and my best 1/8th now is like a 5.94. So It all depends if your into hittin corners on the street and stuff. You prob don't wanna go that long. 6in will help you quite a bit especially if you gear the hell out of it. But still be perfectly streetable..

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pussy......................... jk lol, keep it swb
:lol: i would love to keep her swb but im havin hard time keepin her down at the track. 1st,2nd and 3rd gear im pretty much lookin at the sky crossin the finish line :wink:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man its all on how extreme you wanna go. If your really lookin to get nasty you can go 10-12 over and gear the hell out of it. Mine right now is 6 over and as low as I can get it -2 +2 and my best 1/8th now is like a 5.94. So It all depends if your into hittin corners on the street and stuff. You prob don't wanna go that long. 6in will help you quite a bit especially if you gear the hell out of it. But still be perfectly streetable..
i dont wanna go dat extreme lol... i was thinking around 62in wb would be enuff and still be streetable. once i stretch her i can get more aggressive with the gearing but ive seen pics of your bike and i like the way it sits.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
i dont wanna go dat extreme lol... i was thinking around 62in wb would be enuff and still be streetable. once i stretch her i can get more aggressive with the gearing but ive seen pics of your bike and i like the way it sits.
Thanks man. Well right now my bike is a low as it will go. With my strap all the way tight my header is barely an inch off the ground. But I must say with this gearing your bike will be a monster off the line!!! I just switch out the dog bones for normal street riding cuz if your not careful you'll be needing a new oil pan...

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Dude, Im 8in over and its still VERY streetable. its just a bit harder to throw over, but if ur not a scrawny fuck then it shouldnt be a problem to throw it over. I can still tear up curves and run it out. Dont believe aything u hear abt losing street ability. Bgmagma10 and neverendingmods, and myself can testify that u can still very easily rip down a curvy road with a stretched bike

·
Registered
214 Posts
not too worried bout highway. my six is the daily. CHEA. i knew i wanted to get froggy with the ten, so i kept my six. i dont want to sacrifice riding everyday just to be stoopid fast.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks man. Well right now my bike is a low as it will go. With my strap all the way tight my header is barely an inch off the ground. But I must say with this gearing your bike will be a monster off the line!!! I just switch out the dog bones for normal street riding cuz if your not careful you'll be needing a new oil pan...
yea its sits pretty low but looks good. i have adjustable lowering links so raising it sum to ride on the street want be a problem :mrgreen: but i hear ya on being carefull bc the header and oil pan already sits pretty low on these bikes from the factory.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
yea its sits pretty low but looks good. i have adjustable lowering links so raising it sum to ride on the street want be a problem :mrgreen: but i hear ya on being carefull bc the header and oil pan already sits pretty low on these bikes from the factory.
Yeah for real! You gotta see what -2 +2-4 feels like Its somethin else!

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
:lol: i would love to keep her swb but im havin hard time keepin her down at the track. 1st,2nd and 3rd gear im pretty much lookin at the sky crossin the finish line :wink:
my 2nd gen traps 121mph in the 8th and 2nd and 3rd she's staying down, 1st is not bad either............

·
Registered
871 Posts
:+1:

My buddy and I were headed down the highway a few weeks ago at a pretty good speed, went over an underpass and the steel transition piece was a couple inches off. His front tire popped up some when he hit it, and when it came down the rear of the oil pan touched down. Dented it in enough to put a couple of three of four inch cracks in it. Immediately started dumping oil. I got up beside him to let him know and he got it slowed down and across three lanes of traffic without incident. Very lucky because it immediately soaked the rear tire in oil. He has a set of myrtle west extensions and it is fairly low. Not sure on the actually ground clearance though.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
i strap mine at the track and lower rear, when the racing is over she goes back up. The roads are so crappy here, i am surprised i haven't busted the pan at stock height

·
Registered
842 Posts
i rode fine around town and on the highway at 66"'s (10 over) ran 15/40 on the street and 15/45 at the track...now hooking on the road that far over didnt exist i could light the tires up from a 60mph roll till the end of 5th but i also had a shitty wore out shinko 003

1 - 20 of 78 Posts