Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it to go to a 530 chain from a 525. the bike is extended but will be a stock motor. wondering everyone's thoughts on the 530 setup.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well...this is a new direction of a tired question.:spit:

As my girlfriend keeps telling me - it's not the size that matters, but the quality :crackup:. The 530 is usually reserved for a pumped ZX12/14. Invest in a quality chain and you'll be good to go, or buy a cheap chain and you'll have quick wear regardless of size.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Is it worth it to go to a 530 chain from a 525. the bike is extended but will be a stock motor. wondering everyone's thoughts on the 530 setup.
most 530 chains are stronger with higher tensile strength but as long as you run a good quality 525 chain you will be fine. check out the ZZZ chain alot of dragracers use this chain and when i stretch my 05 thats the chain im goin to be runnin :mrgreen:

·
Registered
774 Posts
most 530 chains are stronger with higher tensile strength but as long as you run a good quality 525 chain you will be fine. check out the ZZZ chain alot of dragracers use this chain and when i stretch my 05 thats the chain im goin to be runnin :mrgreen:
i got a new zzz for sale, 120 link

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input. I can only imagine that this topic has been beating to death but couldn't find it. figured I'd start one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just installed EK ZZZ 530 (11,000 lb tensile strength) on four of my bikes- a 98 RWHP '94 CB1000f, a 120 RWHP '97 Bandit 1200S, a 105 RWHP '98 SuperHawk, and a 115 RWHP '99 ZRX 1100. Overkill? Probably. But if they work OK on turbo 'Busa's I'm hoping for very long chain life on these relatively limp wristed bikes.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was thinking of doint the same. Not so much for chain strenth but it seems most bike shops or online stores seem to have a supply of either the 520 0r 530 sprockets aan chains, and seem to charge more for the 525 stuff.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I was thinking of doint the same. Not so much for chain strenth but it seems most bike shops or online stores seem to have a supply of either the 520 0r 530 sprockets aan chains, and seem to charge more for the 525 stuff.
:+2: I just stick with a 525 regardless...520 is a waste, might be a gram lighter and it will wear a lot faster:eek:ccasion1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts