Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been doing some thinking here lately about taking the extensions off and going back swb to see if i can improve my times and to be honest i miss it :wink: dragin a bike swb is so much fun exspeacially the gen1's. i no alot of you guys on here once you stretch em you dont wanna go back short :lol: so lets here it guys am i crazy or wat.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Lol truthfully ill prob do the same thing after this season is over. I'm gonna put it back to swb until next season. I'm with you man! Well for the most part :lol: I miss comin put of on ramp corners on the back wheel. That shit is fun all crossed up and shit :mrgreen: may even leave the 15 on the front for a while :badteeth:

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
man i must admit....it does look fun!! I had a first gen swb, and the that damn bike scared the sh#T out of me...lol. I do miss that bike....

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Lol truthfully ill prob do the same thing after this season is over. I'm gonna put it back to swb until next season. I'm with you man! Well for the most part :lol: I miss comin put of on ramp corners on the back wheel. That shit is fun all crossed up and shit :mrgreen: may even leave the 15 on the front for a while :badteeth:

oh ok you to :lol: i seen some of your wheelies and they were impressive man :thumbsup: but ima leave the gearing like it is and see how it goes but wats your best time swb ?

man i must admit....it does look fun!! I had a first gen swb, and the that damn bike scared the sh#T out of me...lol. I do miss that bike....
it is man. being swb does get scary at times but damn it is so much fun :lol:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I thought about it myself...............then I realised, it's like racing in the rain on bald tires, all the skill in the world isn't going to overcome physics, if you ain't first................ you're last with all your skills lol

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
oh ok you to :lol: i seen some of your wheelies and they were impressive man :thumbsup: but ima leave the gearing like it is and see how it goes but wats your best time swb ?
The fastest I went swb was my first year of racin in 06 and I went a [email protected] Fastest mph to this date I've gone on the motor. I tied it last year but have yet to beat it. Back then I was lowered 1.5, strap, stock gear, pc3, and a slip on. But I was a little lighter than I am now.. I bet it would be a wheelie monster if I leave this gear on it. :lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Man I might as well ever since I stretched mine a few months ago I keep launching like on a SWB 1st Gen be careful :crackup: I think the only reasons I am getting better times is because I changed gearing and added a sticky tire all at the same time :lol:

I will like to prove that though that would be fun, I think the next time I buy a new chain I should just go run it SWB with the more aggressive gearing and sticky tire. :idea: :helmet:

bloo

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Just do it already.

Its not like you wont be able to go back.

And i think it is a lot more fun to watch SWB people go at it, chances are skill will prevail over bike more times than it does with stretched bikes.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
swb is where it is at. Not to many that can ride swb go for it man
i agree man :mrgreen: anybody can go fast on a stretch bike but to make a swb bike go fast says alot.

I thought about it myself...............then I realised, it's like racing in the rain on bald tires, all the skill in the world isn't going to overcome physics, if you ain't first................ you're last with all your skills lol
wow you to man :eyecrazy: im shock to see this many of you guys thinking the same thang i am but its not that bad man just takes a good clutch hand, sticky tire and set of nuts :lol: and your good to go.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The fastest I went swb was my first year of racin in 06 and I went a [email protected] Fastest mph to this date I've gone on the motor. I tied it last year but have yet to beat it. Back then I was lowered 1.5, strap, stock gear, pc3, and a slip on. But I was a little lighter than I am now.. I bet it would be a wheelie monster if I leave this gear on it. :lol:

nice man thats gettin it done swb... and i bet man exspeacially since you rebuilt the motor that badboy will be beast off the line :eyecrazy:

Man I might as well ever since I stretched mine a few months ago I keep launching like on a SWB 1st Gen be careful :crackup: I think the only reasons I am getting better times is because I changed gearing and added a sticky tire all at the same time :lol:

I will like to prove that though that would be fun, I think the next time I buy a new chain I should just go run it SWB with the more aggressive gearing and sticky tire. :idea: :helmet:

bloo
hey bloo you no you wanna put it back short :wink: but you can always ditch the extensions and see wat you can get out of her bc you was runnin some pretty good times when it was short man with less gearing.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
I went back SWB bec i miss riding it hard on the backroads. Ill say this though once u go back to SWB u might as well leave the gearing the same bec if u change it back to stock gearing or whatever its gonna feel like giant turd. I kept mine -1,+5 and its a freakin BLAST! plus everyone elses bikes feel like giant turds to me know bec my gearing is the new stock to me

·
Registered
227 Posts
go on, do it! get the fun back in your racing :thumbsup: and enjoy seeing the shock factor when you come in running everyone elses lwb times!! :crackup:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put extensions on mine and about two weeks later i took them off and sold them. I will be racing the strip 2 or 3 times a year and i will be in the twisty roads every weekend. My best quarter swb is 9.75 @ 147 mph.....i plan 9.5s early next year.....does anyone know the fastest quarter on swb

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
I put extensions on mine and about two weeks later i took them off and sold them. I will be racing the strip 2 or 3 times a year and i will be in the twisty roads every weekend. My best quarter swb is 9.75 @ 147 mph.....i plan 9.5s early next year.....does anyone know the fastest quarter on swb
Ruthless won the swb AMA class back in the day runnin 8.90's on a 1k. New 10's have been I believe 8.80's swb.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I believe the quickest outside the USA with stock motor/swb is 9.48

Sent from my HTC One S using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went back SWB bec i miss riding it hard on the backroads. Ill say this though once u go back to SWB u might as well leave the gearing the same bec if u change it back to stock gearing or whatever its gonna feel like giant turd. I kept mine -1,+5 and its a freakin BLAST! plus everyone elses bikes feel like giant turds to me know bec my gearing is the new stock to me
hey man i seen where you had your arm up forsale but didnt no if you sold it or not. i dont plan on going back to stock gearing ever these bikes love gear and i love it to :lol: can't wait to see wat she run once i put her back short with the gear its got now man.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts