Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i think i found why the bike won't stay running. Which brings up a couple questions....

1. Is it normal for both the stator and rectifier to crap out together?
2. Is there any better aftermarket type or is the stock replacement all there is?
3. In searching ive seen that this is relatively common, is there any maintenance/prevention tip/trick to prolong from happening again?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Preventive maintainence...NONE. Not that I know of.

Yes, when either one of them go, it's not unusual for it taking out the other..well it works with the 3, battery, stator, rectifier.

No aftermarket for a BETTER performance and reliability, they are about the same.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Preventive maintainence...NONE. Not that I know of.

Yes, when either one of them go, it's not unusual for it taking out the other..well it works with the 3, battery, stator, rectifier.

No aftermarket for a BETTER performance and reliability, they are about the same.
Thanks...guess im going to dealer in the morning.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Overloading can easily cause the stator burnout. The stators are only ample enough for the factory load, so even upping the headlight wattage will do it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Overloading can easily cause the stator burnout. The stators are only ample enough for the factory load, so even upping the headlight wattage will do it
Ok that does shed some light on it. I did install a HID. But it has the all the stuff for it, nothing was rigged. I even have it set to my high beam switch, so that i turn it on after bike is running.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok that does shed some light on it. I did install a HID. But it has the all the stuff for it, nothing was rigged. I even have it set to my high beam switch, so that i turn it on after bike is running.
did you end up having to put a rectifier on too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts