Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
1,420 Posts
The 11 is a great bike and I have ridden one many times. The only suggestion I would have is stiffer springs in the front if you get it. Waaaay undersprung stock. Other than that do it up.

· Registered
425 Posts
beautiful bike man- I have lusted after the zx11 for years now- came very close to buying a mint 94 model myself a few months ago-

enjoy it- its' a heck of bike

· Registered
546 Posts
For all your ZX-11 info needs check out http://www.bigbikeworld.com those guys will answer any and all questions you might have, great bunch on that site with a wealth of knowledge. Despite it's age and heft the 11 is a great bike and will surprise you. Big ZXs are fun to ride......I know first hand have an 89 ZX-10 (slightly modded) along with my 04 10R both in the faster black of course.:mrgreen:

· Still here
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
bonz said:
Did you get it?
Yup- just rode it back 85 miles or so, little rain and wind, felt good.

Muzzy (not carbon:sad: but still nice), K&N, jet kit and YES the springs are a bit soft up front, noticed that already.
New pirelli diablos, clear and smoke screen, jacket, 2 oil filters, owners manual and bunch of papers, both original keys, 1 unused....

Thanks for the advice and comments. Will post some pics later.

Very clean but has scratches on each side from falling while still.

I transfered the tag today AND got the title in hand, in my name, for $7.00 extra no waiting.
New option so I had to do it- instant title.:eyecrazy:

Bradshow- will let you know if CBR is availiable before listing anywhere other than the two friends.
Hoping the guy I bought it from can buy it back now, he wants it but life is expensive.

· Still here
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
beenthere said:
Try to avoid the Corbin seat, lowers your hips decreasing leg room, and that seat is hard as a rock!!!!! The D model responds very well to careful tuning. Although it has a 40 degree ignitor rotor, it wants 45. The last version of dyno jets' carb kit works very well.
Interesting point and correct judging by the one I tried for a while on the cbr.

· Still here
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Zega said:
To old IMO but I guess it is good value for money and it is a KAWASAKI of course! :wink:
I kind of like the older bike thing as 2nd bike.
I feel more comfortable parking it and going somewhere.
Newer than the RR anyway.:mrgreen:

· Still here
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
jamartinez70 said:
not bad,what mods r u thinking of putting on the bike.
Probably not much, already have soft luggage so maybe a throttle locker, throttlemeisters or a cheapy.
And maybe a touring screen if I find one, or a wing thing for the screen it has and fork springs probably.

Oh and braided lines eventually......so basically nothing, just like I told myself.:crackup:

· Still here
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
treyzx10r said:
:thumbsup: congrats bro when do we start painting:wink:
Thanks and......well it does have some scratches and it is kind of red.....hmmm, zx12 green??

Probably not any time soon, gotta keep it a cheap bike, part of the fun factor.

· Still here
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
madnessracing said:
congrats and how about some pics?
Will get some more pics up later, gotta get those HUGE ninja stickers off in the future, hopefully a bunch of the marks from falling will go with, others could be gone with a color sanding.

Nothing too major, the kind that pass as sandy dirt dried on mostly.

Wierd that tail has no marks nor the tank or pipe- static fall each side.

Just mirrors, upper and sides marked some.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.