Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to share.

I've sorta been thinking of dual sports, adventure bikes or sport tourers as a 2nd bike.

Then I started to get a zx14 (in blue) bug, but I'm not ready to part with the ten.

So it occurred to me that if I sell my 94 900rr and buy a ZX11, then that could cover the "sport touring" and general long straight Florida roads and I can still have the 10.:mrgreen:

Then I found this, should be going to see it/ buy it tomorrow- under $4000.00, 2nd owner, extras, 13000 miles, recent tires.....ready to go.

Not a fan of red but I do like the black frame and this is more of a blood red or maroon.

Whatcha think??

Guess I'll be riding to Daytona this year after all- I don't take the 10 to theif week.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I think it's a purty bike that will make for a comfy slabber and will in turn serve it's intended purpose quite well... :helmet:

D

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the 900rr is fun and versatile, but a little too similar to the 10 minus the extra power- time for a change.

My honda generator will be lonely in the soon to be all kawi garage.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
My honda generator will be lonely in the soon to be all kawi garage.
change the emblem/sticker :mrgreen:

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Great bikes...tons of aftermarket support. should be able to outfit it to the T's off ebay. Sounds like a winner.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Daddy said:
change the emblem/sticker :mrgreen:

BD
And get Trey to paint it green.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Looks clean, good luck!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I had a '90 C model (single ram air inlet). Pretty nice bikes, the original platform was the '84 Gpz 900, first watercooled 4v Kawi sport. Heli bars, sport tourer shield, and some soft luggage outta get ya there.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Pretty...I say, if you got the cash, go for it. Of course....go a little lower than the asking price but make it where your both happy. Good luck!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
beenthere said:
I had a '90 C model (single ram air inlet). Pretty nice bikes, the original platform was the '84 Gpz 900, first watercooled 4v Kawi sport. Heli bars, sport tourer shield, and some soft luggage outta get ya there.:mrgreen:
any pics of Buckos burgandy ZX11 with the polished wheels? That bike sure was pretty. ...and still gave the first Busas a bit of a run if i remember right... (damn old age mess'n with my memory) :helmet:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
bradshow01 said:
you got a buyer for the 900? tell me some about it....
I have offered it back to the friend I bought it from 1st, if not another friend may buy it.

Since those are "mays"-

It is a 94, my friend bought it from the 2nd owner (I was with him and test rode it)

It was mint at the time, wht/red/blk, 32k miles. 1st owner was a honda tech.

While friend owned it the bike got looped at probably 20 to 30 mph and accelerating as it left the rider (supposedly not my friend)

Then we fixed it with mostly ebay parts, ontario tree, fiberglass front upper, I added rearsets with shift linkage from a 96, and some other minor stuff.

Will let you know if it goes for sale:helmet:

almost 39000 miles now.

Runs great, never a problem.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
beenthere said:
Got the luggage, have see about the bars and shield.

·
Registered
828 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
I have offered it back to the friend I bought it from 1st, if not another friend may buy it.

Since those are "mays"-

It is a 94, my friend bought it from the 2nd owner (I was with him and test rode it)

It was mint at the time, wht/red/blk, 32k miles. 1st owner was a honda tech.

While friend owned it the bike got looped at probably 20 to 30 mph and accelerating as it left the rider (supposedly not my friend)

Then we fixed it with mostly ebay parts, ontario tree, fiberglass front upper, I added rearsets with shift linkage from a 96, and some other minor stuff.

Will let you know if it goes for sale:helmet:

almost 39000 miles now.

Runs great, never a problem.

well if nothing pans out, shoot me a price and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
beenthere said:
You forgot the corbin seats. Mehn I miss my old bike.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
To old IMO but I guess it is good value for money and it is a KAWASAKI of course! :wink:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Try to avoid the Corbin seat, lowers your hips decreasing leg room, and that seat is hard as a rock!!!!! The D model responds very well to careful tuning. Although it has a 40 degree ignitor rotor, it wants 45. The last version of dyno jets' carb kit works very well.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts