Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have SOOOO much free time out here while i am on the job, and i think i want to learn a new language. I think French would be cool to learn, but not sure what language to go with yet. I know spanish would be the most applicable, but i am not necessarily looking for applicable. More so just something to pass the time that i can be proud of doing, and not feel like i have wasted my time, which i have been for the last 2 months. TOO many movies watched, and too many hours logged of playing video games....

What software have you guys used to learn a new language. I know rosetta stone is supposed to be the top one, but its also like $400. I dont think i am THAT serious about learning something yet.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I'd like to learn Spanish as well, in the same boat for time and not wanting to spend the big money.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Spanish would be a good one, and here in the states probably the most applicable, but there are a few problems i have with it. I want to learn a language to kind of set myself apart from others, and i feel like soo many people know spanish here. Also by me learning spanish, all i am doing is helping the immigrants from the south to get away with not having to learn english. I absolutely hate going to texas and seeing all spanish signs. I mean if you are coming to america, at least learn english. So me learning spanish is only hurting that cause.

(THE ABOVE STATEMENT WAS NOT MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Think of it this way, Spanish is damn easy compared to the rest. If and when you decide to hit south America ( cheap hotels, fine food, super cool locals) or Europe for some MotoGP, you will get along quite well. I must say Spanish has served me well over the years, especially the more tequila I drink the easier it is to speak!

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
Think of it this way, Spanish is damn easy compared to the rest. If and when you decide to hit south America ( cheap hotels, fine food, super cool locals) or Europe for some MotoGP, you will get along quite well. I must say Spanish has served me well over the years, especially the more tequila I drink the easier it is to speak!
Órale vato, wassápenin!

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That does make sense. It is the second most spoken language in the world I believe. How did you learn spanish?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yo no como mierda con mi mano izquierda y el burro no sabe mas que yo, es verdad por tu?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
So you wouldnt recommend french? You think german or Jap?
i learned french, 4 years, easy but boring, fun to swear in, oui, also works ridiculously well with ladies, like, insta-pants off, but, its french. and most french people suck. and france sucks. but thats my personal bias lol. but it is easy to learn and shouldnt take you very long. think of it this way too, where would you like to travel someday, pick that language. i find german/japanese way more interesting, the languages are more difficult but when you get it down is awesome. i half studied both languages while taking french and wished i had chosen those. french sounds, well, french. german/japanese sound awesome. watch/listen to music in all the languages. its all about what you want. french is easy though and a good start. just not my bag

·
Registered
81 Posts
Started learning in 3rd grade, but did a lot of work in S.A. I would pony up for the Rosetta stone stuff. It's tried and true. Apparently that's what the CIA uses for trainees

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Started learning in 3rd grade, but did a lot of work in S.A. I would pony up for the Rosetta stone stuff. It's tried and true. Apparently that's what the CIA uses for trainees
Haha well I was thinking about checking out some other sites that are free, and giving them a try first, and after a while maybe download the demo for Rosetta stone and if it really is that good, then I might buy it.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i learned french, 4 years, easy but boring, fun to swear in, oui, also works ridiculously well with ladies, like, insta-pants off, but, its french. and most french people suck. and france sucks. but thats my personal bias lol. but it is easy to learn and shouldnt take you very long. think of it this way too, where would you like to travel someday, pick that language. i find german/japanese way more interesting, the languages are more difficult but when you get it down is awesome. i half studied both languages while taking french and wished i had chosen those. french sounds, well, french. german/japanese sound awesome. watch/listen to music in all the languages. its all about what you want. french is easy though and a good start. just not my bag
I like easy, and I know the girls love it. Those are the perks, but it's pretty boring? German seems like it would be cool. But doesn't have even close to the same effect on the lady's as french I know that.

·
Registered
409 Posts
french, along with most languages, is easy enough to learn to read and write. but my god, it is damn near impossible to understand fluent french people when they speak. ive had 4 years of it and still cant follow native speakers.

ive started taking italtian and i like it much more. its way more laid back to speak than french.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Italian would be a good language too. It seems like it would be much more practical than French, and I still work good with the lady's. I definitely want something that if I am talking to someone who is native I can at least carry a conversation and understand what they are saying. French is pretty hard to do that you say?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
im doing random sign language right now

1 - 20 of 42 Posts