Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding on back roads through some citrus groves. I always wear leather pants, with the exception of this time. Suddenly felt like I'd been shot with a .22 in the thigh. Looked down for a bloody spot and saw a stinger poking out of my jeans and yanked it out. The pain was excruciating! My whole left leg went numb. Got home and looked at the spot...left a bloody hole half the size of a match head. Place still hurts like hell and there's still a red, swollen area the size of a silver dollar. That happened a week ago!

I've been stung by bees, wasps, hornets, etc. and never was really bothered. The local news had a story yesterday about the African bees being found in the area. If it was one, I can sure see how they could kill a human if you're nailed several dozen times. Back to the leathers....heat or not! Now, bring on the love bugs!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
might be a spider bite!..........I agree with red.....go get that shit checked out!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an appointment next week anyway and I'll have him look at it then if it's still swollen. I'm no wuss...have to inject myself every week with a 1 1/2 inch needle ( a "chemo" type treatment). This damn insect hurt 1000 times more than when I shoot up.:lol:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
but you pulled a stinger.i see...........???........maybe it was a killer bee!!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. That area has tons of commercial bee hives set between the rows of orange trees. I understand the African Bees sneak in the hives and blend in with the regular honey bees. It'd really suck if the killer bees became a nuissance in this area....especially for bikers! Jeezus tap-dancin' Christ...that's the most painful thing I've experienced since I wrote my first alimony check!:lol:

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
I have an appointment next week anyway and I'll have him look at it then if it's still swollen. I'm no wuss...have to inject myself every week with a 1 1/2 inch needle ( a "chemo" type treatment). This damn insect hurt 1000 times more than when I shoot up.:lol:
No one thinks your a wuss....but I would not be waiting til next week. Go to a clinic and just let them take a look.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Going to the doctor for a bee sting?! Ya'll are wussies. :lol:

What did you do to piss that bee off? Maybe he thought your bike was a huge blue praying mantis and it was defending itself.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'd like to hear what the end result is. F Killa Bee's. Damn I even just hate regular bees. Always have and always will. Just flying around you for no reason waiting for you to swat I swear. Imagine if it infact was a Afro Killa. Your LUCKY you didn't stop. Once they sting they release some "killa that nigga" sh!t :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd like to hear what the end result is. F Killa Bee's. Damn I even just hate regular bees. Always have and always will. Just flying around you for no reason waiting for you to swat I swear. Imagine if it infact was a Afro Killa. Your LUCKY you didn't stop. Once they sting they release some "killa that nigga" sh!t :badteeth:
:lol::lol: Well, it done "killa dis honkey white crakah", dat's fo' sho'. I didn't stop, but I jumped around on that bike like a worm in a frying pan:lol: I've been stung by honey bees in that area before. When they're swarming, you get splat all to hell with nectar....mess to clean up. This was either a honey bee on steroids or one of them damn African Killers. Either way, I felt like going back with a flame thrower and reeking revenge!

Like I said, a news story this week showed where they're showing up in bee hives and built a couple of nests in apartment building roofs. Exactly what Florida needs! We already have senior citizens and love bugs to make riding miserable....now this!:headshake

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Maybe you should go to the doctor and get it checked. You just never know.
:+1:

My buddy had something similar happen except it went up his sleeve...messed his shit all up. That was the end of riding that day.

A week later he passed...no not really but get it checked. Better safe than sorry.

Find a hot doctor and have a physical done too...will make ya feel better. :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
:lol::lol: Well, it done "killa dis honkey white crakah", dat's fo' sho'. I didn't stop, but I jumped around on that bike like a worm in a frying pan:lol: I've been stung by honey bees in that area before. When they're swarming, you get splat all to hell with nectar....mess to clean up. This was either a honey bee on steroids or one of them damn African Killers. Either way, I felt like going back with a flame thrower and reeking revenge!

Like I said, a news story this week showed where they're showing up in bee hives and built a couple of nests in apartment building roofs. Exactly what Florida needs! We already have senior citizens and love bugs to make riding miserable....now this!:headshake
I like Honeyh, but shit not that much. Burn the F'ers :thefinger:cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I thought that African Killer bees were essentially the same as Honey bees and that the only difference is in their aggression and their swarming tendencies?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought that African Killer bees were essentially the same as Honey bees and that the only difference is in their aggression and their swarming tendencies?
The news story said the layman can't tell 'em from honey bees, but there's 8 distinct differences to the trained eye. I suppose one difference is that their stinger and nads are twice the size of a honey bee. And yeah, they don't fool around with their agression! The suicide bombers of the insect world:badteeth:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
What kinda man goes to the doc for a bee sting? You must be a wuss.

Just kidding. Well kinda

1 - 20 of 76 Posts