Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the thinnest head gasket you can get. I did a search on here and someone said part # 11004-0034 and that it was a .40 thickness. I bought it and the package says .50 :dontknow:

·
Registered
186 Posts
:hello:i've installed the 0.45 to my 04'(plus the intake cam and headwork due to race manual,and the ONLY ''problem'' i faced,was that the safety squash limit was 6mm(kawi race manual says no less than 7mm]but in a years period(more than 25 trackdays ]faced NO PROBLEM AT A L L!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just bought a .45 for my 06.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got a .50 for my 1st gen, just for a little more clearance and kawi intake cam. no problems yet about 3500 miles

·
Registered
319 Posts
I understand the thinner gasket will increase compression (YES / NO). How big is the difference in overall power???

Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
Best guess on my 04 was about 2 rwhp.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
.45 installed on my 06 with kawi cam. I'd guess that your looking at a 1 or 2 pony gain.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I dont know what you guys are worried about.I milled off .015 off my head which is more the double of your thinnest gasket and I still had over .100 pvc but i used a stock thickness gasket.I think i could of got by with the 45 mm gasket which is .007 thick. No problems here.As far as the squish I had .006 from the top of the piston to the top of the cylinder.I also have the race intake cam 107/104 LC

·
Registered
57 Posts
pull the head for maybe two hp, I dont know fellows that sounds like a waste to me. Droping the motor for 2 hp dont make sense to me, but thats just me. I think if I was to drop the motor I would have to do more than just head gasket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts