Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought a new bike as some of you may recall. I had some parts left over from my wrecked 2011 so I installed them, etc. I rode the bike easy from day 1 until the first scheduled oil change. I put in Kawi 10w 40 conventional oil. So fast forward to this past saturday I got around 900 or so miles on the bike, so I started to ride a bit more aggressive and taking the bike higher into the RPMS. It felt a lot stronger than my 2011 with the same mods. I rode down a empty stretch of road I stopped and saw the bike smoking a bit. The smoke wasn't coming from the exhaust more from the side of the motor. It later stopped and I continued to ride the bike all day Sunday. The bike felt fine but the motor was louder than normal. At this point I didn't trust it anymore and put the stock exhaust back on so I could hear the motor better. It has a faint rattle in the head. Not a Tick but something that is RPM dependent. I dropped it off at the dealership today. The service writer says they will have to pull the motor. Im pissed to say the least. All I can think about is that all white 2013!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
The powers he be talking about is Kawasaki themselves. Doesn't take a genius to see where owner is from and track down a gen4 at a dealership in his city/state for a motor teardown under warranty is what he means.

I have seen it happen regarding car warranty work where owner admitted to car being modded and driven hard when motor failed. Somehow, likely a dick forum member, he got narked out and dealer/subaru denied warranty repairs. Owner was FURIOUS to say the least. He had his city/state listed in his details under username/avatar.

I too would edit the original post. Some people get all pissy when they think someone is trying to hide stuff from dealer. Not saying that's what turner is doing. But some jackass may interpret it that way and make a call.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If riding my brand new bike and breaking it in per the manual is illegal then I'm confused. If Kawasaki is reading this then they can go fuck themselves and go and fix my shit.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Engrish?:dontknow:
He said, Kawasaki monitors this and other forums.
So when people make a warranty claim, they investigate them to see if they have made mods to their bike that VOID the warranty so they (Kawasaki) don't have to pay to fix it under the warranty.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Dude that sucks. Keep us posted. I've been considering a third party 3yr warranty. I forget the name of the company. I bought my 2011 about a month after the 1 yr warranty expired. The dealership told me I have to use another company for the warranty at this point. I asked them a few questions regarding the warranty and they said mods are not an issue, INTERNAL engine mods will void it however. Then they said for the factory warranty, you better have a stock ECU etc etc when you bring your bike in....

Sent from dudewhrsmybike's iPhone

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Back on the road. Doing some testing today.
What was the final tally on busted parts?
Glad to hear its running good for you and hopefully will be trouble free.
wonder if the guy who originally traded it in knew there was a problem and that is the reason why he got rid of it so soon.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What was the final tally on busted parts?
Glad to hear its running good for you and hopefully will be trouble free.
wonder if the guy who originally traded it in knew there was a problem and that is the reason why he got rid of it so soon.
There was no trade in. It was a brand new 2012. The dealership say its fixed and say that the cam chain tensioner jumped time. So they replaced cam chain assembly and some other parts. I still think its making a lot of noise in the head. I guess i'll just wait around until it messes up again and take it back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts